Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'll just leave this right here...

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Well..I think that sums up everything, pay McQueen his $50

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
is that .5 per shift slower or .5 0-60 slower? because according to the video, 0-60 is just a tad 0ver .5 faster on average of 3 runs. if per shift, .5 would be 1.5 seconds rowing through 3 gears.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
MEMBERS OF THE GOLFMK6.COM SITE HEREBY PRAY FOR GENERAL DAMAGES IN THE AMOUNT OF $50 FOR THE ORIGINAL BET, AND AN ADDITIONAL AMOUNT OF $2,500 FOR PAIN AND SUFFERING FOR MR. MCQUEEN (WHO'S IN A SWEET BAND I CAN'T REMEMBER, BUT SOUNDS LIKE ITS A BIG DEAL - I'M JELLY) AND THE REST OF THE BOARD, WHICH WILL BE SPLIT AMONGST ALL MEMBERS WITH MORE THAN 3,000 POSTS AFTER MY INITIAL CUT OF 33%.

SIGNED,

JORGE E. COLINA, ESQ.
ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFFS

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
he isn't saying he can out shift the dsg, he's saying the dsg is not .58 or .5 (not sure the exact number) faster then him with a manual.

This. People get some strange ideas here. The claim is that MT is less than half a second per upshift slower than DSG, nothing more. DSG is supposedly .008 seconds (has anyone actually logged this on a regular car?), meaning the claim is that MT is under .508 seconds per upshift.

Where are you all getting these more substantial (and frankly stupid) claims from?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I thought it was .6 seconds = 600 milliseconds for upshifts, no? what in tarnation....

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
I know he's not saying that. My point is the guy in the video knows how to shift better than 99% of the people who drive stick, and he is completely outclassed by the DSG. Not his fault, having two sets of shafts and clutches with one always waiting for the next shift is simply faster.

As far as the 600 millisecond consistent shift time that was mentioned is concerned, that's the MAXIMUM shift time. The DSG can shift in a little as 8 milliseconds I believe when programmed for performance rather than comfort and longevity.

DummyBear

Ready to race!
LMAO @ all the illiterate folks

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
ohhh ok, some no talent ass clown - got it.

ya know, what we really should be timing is how long it takes each of us to take a dump. Now THAT would put a competition on our hands.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Can we delete most of this thread and replace it with a version without a bunch of random nonsense? Today's posts summed up:

DSG upshifts in 8ms, downshifts in 600ms

McQueen and others claim MT upshifts in >=508ms

Troy claims MT upshifts in <508ms

Someone fortunately brought in video evidence to settle the matter:

MT clearly shifting in <508ms at 0:40-0:56

In the meantime, we also determined that people put incorrect information on Wikipedia and a lot of people are not very good at reading English.

DummyBear

Ready to race!
the 8ms shift is when everything is perfect and the most ideal time a DSG transmission can achieve but does that mean we can achieve it in our VWs? probably not.... do we have the same dsg transmission as a bugetti veyron or a Ferrari that get 60 ms shift? probably not... but at the end of the day, we still have an awsome dsg transmission for a 25k$ car.

That was some clown putting the wrong info on Wikipedia :lol:. DSG is 8ms upshift, 600ms downshift.

Status
Not open for further replies.