GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible to rebadge after debadging tailgate?

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
I am thinking about removing the Golf and possibly the TDI badge off my Mk6. It seems relatively simple from what I've been reading.

My concern is, how does this affect the value of the car if I ever choose to put it up for sale? Is it possible to "easily" rebadge the car?

Thanks all.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
What tools do you need?

And when it comes to aligning, the only way to do so is by eye?

Your badges are held on to the tailgate with adhesive. Go get a hairdyer and some waxed dental floss. Heat up your badge/glue and work the dental floss underneath the badge. Voila.

As for readhering, I don't know what type of adhesive you use....obviously if you buy a new badge you just peel the sticker off the back and slap it on.

Measure/take a photo before removal so you know exactly where to put them back....

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Just went ahead and took off the "Golf" using floss and hot water. Came off easy.

On second thought not really concerned about resale since my family usually donates our cars once they've run their life.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I've been trading cars at the one to two year point lately and I still debadge them.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Clothes steamer works great too. Measurements or a template would be better than pics when you want to rebadge, but most people probably wouldn't notice.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
You can just get the 3M double-sided body molding tape from any auto parts shop to put it back on. Easy peasy.

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
Clothes steamer works great too. Measurements or a template would be better than pics when you want to rebadge, but most people probably wouldn't notice.

Template is a really good idea. Put some cardboard up on it and mark the spots.