GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problem with Rear Window Tint??

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
I dont have these foggy areas either. My installer had to use the heat gun on mine too but there were no marks or anything. Maybe it's the tint? I don't think all tint is created equal so to speak. If it's not the tint then it would seem to be the installer.

JP

Mk6Chick1

Ready to race!
My tint guy warned me that because of the crazy curve of the back window that this may happen, but guaranteed his work no matter what. I haven't had any problems with the tint....love my tint guy :)

Medussa

Ready to race!
All of my window tints where cut by Hand the rear window was done in one single sheet and he use a heat gun on it. So it could bend easier and adapt to the curves no
Problems Once or ever

Ohiogti

Ready to race!
I had an amazing tinter do my car. They typically work on real high end cars which is why i had to wait almost 3 weeks, but I'm thrilled that I did. I went with a 30 percent ceramic on the back and sides and its the best tint job I've ever seen. There's no bubbles, smudges or dust. Happy camper here :)

Dioscuri1

Well, I envy you guys with great tint experiences.
I wish I had the same in the first place,,,,,,
These days, it seems as though it's getting harder and harder to find genuine, experienced and knowledgeable "experts" who, at the same time, offer great services. Yes, sometimes with a premium fee, one may be able to get a great service, but it's not always the case either. :mad0259::mad0259:
When I was searching "window tint" service on line, it made me feel like I was looking for a great chiropractor. That's another story, but you know what I mean? It's hard to find a great chiropractor, too.

PS
Perhaps, I used up all my luck in the past to meet those great people and found those great places,,,, I need to start saving up my luck again :p:p:p

CGTI

Ready to race!
mine was already tinted at the dealer. Looks like they did min in two pieces with the seam on one of the defroster lines. WOuld have preferred to find a pro that could shrink it, but it doesnt look bad.

drtyjrsy

Ready to race!
im sorry youre having this experience. that "ghosting" is burn or stress marks from over shrinking. sorry to say man but Oasis does have a reputation for using some pretty cheap products. if its already showing signs of material failure its not going to hold up well in the future.

did he give you any warranty paperwork? im curious what he put on there

Dioscuri1

im sorry youre having this experience. that "ghosting" is burn or stress marks from over shrinking. sorry to say man but Oasis does have a reputation for using some pretty cheap products. if its already showing signs of material failure its not going to hold up well in the future.

did he give you any warranty paperwork? im curious what he put on there

>drtyjrsy
Ahhh, "ghosting," is that what it's called?
I should have gone to your place in the first place,,,,,,,
Your place is not that far away either,,,,,,

Anyway, yes, he did give me a manufacturer lifetime warranty card from SunTek to cover any fading, peeling, cracking, adhesive failure, and delamination. And he checked the box to specify Carbon Series.
And thanks for your feedback!

Rex

drtyjrsy

Ready to race!
im going to call my suntek dealer today to see if he is even an authorized dealer for them. is his name andy or something? its unfortunate but theres alot of business' that play that kind of game. weve been a suntek dealer for 5 year probably and ive never seen the carbon series do that ghosting thing. its usually caused by that shrinking stress of a cheap metal film or a more complex ceramic. the carbon series (being a premium dyed) has always been a great shrinking product and you shouldnt be seeing this problem.

Dioscuri1

im going to call my suntek dealer today to see if he is even an authorized dealer for them. is his name andy or something? its unfortunate but theres alot of business' that play that kind of game. weve been a suntek dealer for 5 year probably and ive never seen the carbon series do that ghosting thing. its usually caused by that shrinking stress of a cheap metal film or a more complex ceramic. the carbon series (being a premium dyed) has always been a great shrinking product and you shouldnt be seeing this problem.

>drtyjrsy
Well, his name is Andy Jun. If you could find out, it would be great.
If I had known all these facts/info in the first place, I might have avoided the problem or made sure it would be treated correctly.
It has been a very valuable learning experience at least.
Thanks again for the helpful information.

PS
I really know now where I'm going for window tint next or the tint I have now fails. THANKS!!

Rex

drtyjrsy

Ready to race!
i spoke with our suntek rep and she authorized me to warranty that window. she said he has bought SOME suntek over the years but there was notes on his account going back that hes tried some funny things before. id be happy to take a look at it and at least give you my opinion on the work already done. ill be at our shop in sorrento tomorrow and saturday give me a call or swing by anytime.

Dioscuri1

i spoke with our suntek rep and she authorized me to warranty that window. she said he has bought SOME suntek over the years but there was notes on his account going back that hes tried some funny things before. id be happy to take a look at it and at least give you my opinion on the work already done. ill be at our shop in sorrento tomorrow and saturday give me a call or swing by anytime.

>drtyjrsy
THANK YOU!!!!!!
I will stop by tomorrow and have you look at it.
Not to mention, I will personally thank you and properly introduce myself.
Rex