GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problems with the VW

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
So I'm at the dealership and I just showed the service manager the problems with my vehicle.

My windshield has bubbles all along the edges and it's been getting worse. The service manager tells me that Volkswagen says it's normal. He shows me another customers car and sure enough, it has the bubbles too. I can't help but still complain about this. It looks terrible and I just can't get over it. They said they can replace it but it won't be under warranty due to VW not covering it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406923933.210099.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406923951.059219.jpg

Second is my rear hatch brake light. There is condensation in it and it has not gone away even on hot days. Service manager says VW claims it is normal as well. Says there is a drain on it and as long as the lights work, they can't do anything on it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406923971.509069.jpg

Anyone have these issues? And if you did, did you get them fixed under warranty? I'm tempted to go to other dealerships before my warranty expires to see if I can fix it.

Any input would be great! Thanks everyone.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Just checked mine; I don't have any of that. The front windshield glass is clear on the sealing edges, and the rear hatch light has no condensation. We've had smothering heat and rain/humidity all summer.
I'm with you; regardless of what car you were shown that also has those bubbles I think it's not normal. Certainly the condensation in the hatch light isn't. Not without an opening of some sort for the moisture to get in.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Just checked mine; I don't have any of that. The front windshield glass is clear on the sealing edges, and the rear hatch light has no condensation. We've had smothering heat and rain/humidity all summer.
I'm with you; regardless of what car you were shown that also has those bubbles I think it's not normal. Certainly the condensation in the hatch light isn't. Not without an opening of some sort for the moisture to get in.

Yeah this is what makes me think it's not normal. The manager said there's a drain on the brake light and that's how moisture is getting in... Not sure whether or not to believe that.

Besides that, anyone have an idea of how to contact VWoA for a complaint?

Renner

Go Kart Champion
Yeah this is what makes me think it's not normal. The manager said there's a drain on the brake light and that's how moisture is getting in... Not sure whether or not to believe that.

Besides that, anyone have an idea of how to contact VWoA for a complaint?

Ummmmmmm have you googled VWOA for their customer service number?

http://www.vw.com/contact/

Uberryan

Banned
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51636

Had this happen on mine, and had it replaced this year by a dealer under warranty after my service adviser took pictures and sent them to VWOA. My friend who works for safelite says that the laminate layer is bubbling due to direct sunlight and heat, and that it is NOT normal, and the result of using cheap materials.

I had it replaced with a OEM windshield and within a month or two, I had a large bubble again, and it was once again replaced under warranty, new one is good so far. We'll see how that works out.

EDIT:

just realized you posted in that thread.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion

sboskov

Ready to race!
Vw told me the same thing but for condensation in my headlights... So to solve the problem I just don't drive it if it looks like it's going to rain hah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kilifar

Passed Driver's Ed
About your brake light condensation what they are telling you is not right. The unit is sealed from the factory.
I know because I hade to replace two of them. First around 33K under warranty, replaced by the dealer. Hi is the one that told me that the brake light is sealed and it shoulde not have any moisture inside. And replaced for second time from the same dealer a month later.
I guess when they installed that they cracked the housing and it condense again. Second time they did it right and no problems so far.
If it's me I would fine another dealer.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Mine both look like yours. Third brake light still works so I'm not worried about it. As for the windshield. I had mine replaced last March with nonOEM glass from safelite after I put my fist through the OEM windshield on accident. The bubbles are starting to come back again. It is also present on my girlfriend's 2006 beetle. You could always get a strip of vinyl and put it along the top if it is really bothering you that much.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Vw told me the same thing but for condensation in my headlights... So to solve the problem I just don't drive it if it looks like it's going to rain hah.

That's some bull haha. If you still got warranty I would try another dealership.

About your brake light condensation what they are telling you is not right. The unit is sealed from the factory.
I know because I hade to replace two of them. First around 33K under warranty, replaced by the dealer. Hi is the one that told me that the brake light is sealed and it shoulde not have any moisture inside. And replaced for second time from the same dealer a month later.
I guess when they installed that they cracked the housing and it condense again. Second time they did it right and no problems so far.
If it's me I would fine another dealer.

Unfortunately my warranty ran out. I thought the same thing about the seal, it doesn't look like there is a spot for a drain in the first place. Oh well, at least it's small and not too noticeable.

Mine both look like yours. Third brake light still works so I'm not worried about it. As for the windshield. I had mine replaced last March with nonOEM glass from safelite after I put my fist through the OEM windshield on accident. The bubbles are starting to come back again. It is also present on my girlfriend's 2006 beetle. You could always get a strip of vinyl and put it along the top if it is really bothering you that much.

Fist through your windshield?!
You crazy man.

So the safelite windshield is doing it too??