GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quick poll: Who has their Mechatronic unit replaced?

Goldie1

All,

Want to understand how often Mechatronic units have been replaced in the MK6s........

From what I understand, (e.g. direct information from VW, my service advisor, my tech, and research) the Mechatronic is a unit that's build/directly linked to your VIN.

Reason why I am asking, mine failed, at 8,531 miles, and has been in the shop for about a week now. Mechatronic unit on "intergallactic backborder", meaning, 5-6 weeks out.......figured, I'd inquire here, and get a feeling for the "failure" rate...

Please respond with following format:
Model year (MY)/Mileage (at which problem occurred)/how long your vehicle was out of service.

e.g.
2009/5,350/2 weeks

Thanks!

Goldie1

If i understand correctly, mechatronics unit is the ECU controlling your shifting in the transmission.......

upgrad3

Ready to race!

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
If I don't have mine replaced soon I will be surprised. This weekend or next will be the third time I've brought my car in to have the DSG "checked".

Saleen731

Passed Driver's Ed
What did you bring your car in for with the DSG problem?
What first alerted you that there is a problem?
I have 2 cars (GTI and a GLI) both are DSG so I'm just curious what to look for.

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
At WOT mine is a little slow upshifting but that may be because I went to stage II and the motor just goes thru 1st and 2nd gear in no time.

snofrandy

Ready to race!
How do you know your mechatronic unit is bad?

I noticed that my GTI, from stand still, jerks a little bit before taking off now.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
I've noticed the same with mine, but usually only when the engine/tranny are cold. The big problem I've noticed over the past few weeks is when I first start the car in the morning, when I shift from Park to D or S, the car will move forward about a foot or so then jerk pretty rough and feel like it's about to stall. Then everything is fine. I need to take it to a different VW dealer near me as the one I bought it from has checked it out twice and said everything is fine.

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
I actually had my DSG stall on me within the first few thousand miles. I called my dealer and they told me there was a DSG flash, good thing was that the DSG flash didn't remove my APR flash. Since then I haven't had any problems... However just to be safe, I might have my DSG fluid changed before 40k.

zanyrsc

Ready to race!
How do you know your mechatronic unit is bad?

I noticed that my GTI, from stand still, jerks a little bit before taking off now.

this is normal.all DSG will jerk a little if you trying to let it roll forward.
When the mech unit is going bad it usually will Jerk bad as soon as as you put your foot on the gas(it feel like you get rear ended ) either lightly or normal pressure on the gas.

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Sorry to troll, but 2 things...

Dont you love the word Mechatronic? It sounds like a cool VW transformer. Sorry just wanted to share that.

At my last Oil change visit, in the shop there was a DSG tranny in pieces. When I inquired the tech said the car was chipped and blew gearing. I believe it was a MK6.

mataempat

Passed Driver's Ed
Kinda off topic here, but my DSG rattles everytime i hit a relatively low speeds. For example, braking before a speed bump. I could here it everytime i'm trying to stop. I have a August 2010 Golf mk6 1.4 tsi 160hp with 7 speed DSG. Current mileage is 9700 miles.