GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Radiator leak...is this a common problem?

zrickety

The Fixer
Seems like more than a few people lately have had leaks and needed replacement. Was there ever a revision? I've heard tale of a Mishimoto upgrade. Mine is slowly dripping in the lower left corner, looks like the radiator just has bent tabs holding it together. Who else has had this problem?

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
I've had it. It's quite expensive to replace at the dealer.

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
Seems like more than a few people lately have had leaks and needed replacement. Was there ever a revision? I've heard tale of a Mishimoto upgrade. Mine is slowly dripping in the lower left corner, looks like the radiator just has bent tabs holding it together. Who else has had this problem?

i've had this problem too; i've replaced it with another OEM one
mine had a really slow leak; it was getting wet and then dried up, so not really that bad, but i replaced it anyway

Dirty Harry

Replaced mine earlier this year. Slow leak from the left side. Replaced it with an OEM myself. Pretty easy straight forward install.

zrickety

The Fixer
Wow, I'm surprised to see the 2012's in here. I just bought a Nissens on Rockauto, $50 cheaper than ECS. Shipped to the house $154.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
zrickety, Mishimoto did make one for the MKV GTI but it doesn't fit our cars for some odd reason. I recall someone mentioned that before.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Neither Mishimoto or Koyo have any interest in making a radiator for the Tsi application. Mishimoto did make a FSi one but the inlet/outlet are different on our cars.

I ended up buying a Tyrol to replace my leaking one. I've overheated at the track so I'm looking forward to the 20% increase

zrickety

The Fixer
Good info, thanks guys.

zrickety

The Fixer
Just to update rockauto has shipped mine via FedEx, should be here in 2 days. That tyrolsport piece is way too rich for me.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2087539

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
I had my radiator replaced a couple weeks ago along with the water pump. Luckily I had it goodwilled so it didn't cost anything. Dealer said my water pump was actually fine and the coolant leak was coming from radiator. Only at 45k miles.

zrickety

The Fixer
What they call goodwill should have been powertrain warranty, good to 60k. I'm at 96k so it's on me.