GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RAI Motorsport Mk6 3" Downpipe Group Buy!!! You'll want to get in on this!

Sales@R.A.I.

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

THIS GROUP BUY IS CLOSED!!!!

Ray did an introduction for us in the sticky, but we are a fabrication/tuning shop based out of Baltimore, Maryland. We have a variety of parts for the Mk6 cars already, but our downpipe is one of the best sellers, so we thought it might be a good idea to do a group buy.

Here is some info:

http://www.raimotorsport.com/3-Mk6-Downpipe-p/rai3mk6dp.htm

"In any turbocharged vehicle, airflow is important. The 2.0T is a perfect example of what a proper downpipe can do in terms of performance, gas mileage, and turbo spool. We make these pipes in-house to ensure our quality standards and they have a limited lifetime warranty.

Features:
- Eliminates the restriction of the OEM Cat, Reduces turbulence and increases velocity of exhaust gases, resulting in faster spool and smother power delivery.
- Works with stock exhaust/any aftermarket Cat Back Exhaust.
- 100% Developed, Tested, and Produced in the USA. Balitmore, MD to be exact.
- Optional third o2 sensor bung available for Wideband applications
- Included threaded spacer for 100% CEL Free Operation.

Technical Specs.

* 100% TIG Welded
* 304 Mandrel Bent Stainless Steel tubing
* 304 Stainless Steel flanges
* 304 Stainless Steel O2 Bung for Primary O2 Sensor
* 304 Stainless Steel Threaded Spacer to Eliminate CEL

AVAILABLE OPTIONS (Choose Option Under Price):
-Metal Core Catalytic Converter (add $150.00)
-3rd O2 Bung for Wideband Guages (add $20.00)

*All Exhaust Components are built to order and typically have a 3-5 business day processing time.

Price would go as follows:

$50 off for qty 1-5 - New price would be $400/$550 (catted)
$75 off for qty 6-10 - New price would be $375/$525 (catted)
$100 off for qty 11+ - New price would be $350/$500 (catted)

***JUST ADDED***

We can also do our FULL TURBOBACK as follows:

$100 off for qty 1-5 - New price would be $1315/$1465 (catted)
$150 off for qty 6-10 - New price would be $1265/$1415 (catted)
$200 off for qty 11+ - New price would be $1215/$1365 (catted)

Let's start the list!

1. StiffyNugz
2. mk6_gti (11+, no reducer)
3. mattbrown - full TBE (PAID)
4. dels - catted DP
5. Isj - (11+, Catted Turboback)
6. zhamel0326 - turboback
7. rs999 - downpipe (IN-SHOP)
8. skantron - downpipe
9. Thunderfunk - catted downpipe (SCHEDULED)
10. TIEFighter88 - downpipe (PAID)

Thanks,
Clint

Last edited:

kniteshift

Ready to race!
What is the initial price before discount?

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Any chance for a resonator option, or do you think one isn't needed?

EDIT: The pic you just posted made me drool on my keyboard. Thanks.

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
Interested if it gets to 11+ people. But not committing to it yet.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
thumbs up for RAI and some quality products. The only one of three tested o2 spacers to keep the CEL off on my catless setup with a non-test pipe file.

Sales@R.A.I.

Ready to race!

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Usually we would put the resonator in the cat-back portion of the exhaust. Here are 2 clips of a full turbo-backs we made for a customer using this downpipe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_VZSX5tE7Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oei0Lg-AmfQ&feature=related

I found omnipo7ent's videos before you posted. The whole TBE sounds great! Do you have any clips of just the downpipe?

Interested if it gets to 11+ people. But not committing to it yet.

Same here — my interest is piqued. I've been planning on getting a DP soon, but hadn't looked into RAI. This looks really nice, and I love that it's US made, but I had it in my head that I wanted a resonator to be slightly quieter and to avoid any drone. I have no idea how necessary it is though? :iono:

chino246

Ready to race!
thumbs up for RAI and some quality products. The only one of three tested o2 spacers to keep the CEL off on my catless setup with a non-test pipe file.
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding...No CEL with this Downpipe? I'm stock and I won't be getting tuned until my warrantee is up. I was looking into just doint a CBE but I might jump on this group buy if this DP doesn't throw codes and just build a custom CBE like I was going to do soon anyways. Or maybe go with the RAI CBE. Depends which is cheaper.

Sales@R.A.I.

Ready to race!
I found omnipo7ent's videos before you posted. The whole TBE sounds great! Do you have any clips of just the downpipe?

Same here — my interest is piqued. I've been planning on getting a DP soon, but hadn't looked into RAI. This looks really nice, and I love that it's US made, but I had it in my head that I wanted a resonator to be slightly quieter and to avoid any drone. I have no idea how necessary it is though? :iono:

Thanks! Yes these are made in-house here and I can assure you this is the best quality downpipe on the market. The fabricators really take their time to make sure everything goes out perfectly.

As far as a resonator, a catalytic converter will also suppress noise, but even a test pipe with a proper exhaust will not drone and will not have much noise. this downpipe is actually very popular for the 2.0T Audi crowd because many of them buy the downpipe and leave the stock cat-back. In our testing, the gains from the downpipe are the most influential on power numbers, the catback does not add much.

I just looked around and we don't have clips of just the downpipe, but I'll make sure to get them the next time a Mk6 comes in!

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Do have any dyno numbersfor just the down pipe? I'm also going to assume this is a 3" DP.

Thanks AXO

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding...No CEL with this Downpipe? I'm stock and I won't be getting tuned until my warrantee is up. I was looking into just doint a CBE but I might jump on this group buy if this DP doesn't throw codes and just build a custom CBE like I was going to do soon anyways. Or maybe go with the RAI CBE. Depends which is cheaper.

My post is not related to this specific dp, just that RAI builds quality products... With a catted or catless dp and their o2 you should be cel free..I am with a similar setup.