GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rebadged Grill GTI with Red Ebay Letters...

InvinDT531

Ready to race!
So I just debadged and I'm loving the clean look... I don't think I'll be installing that one ^^ got it in my garage now =)

InvinDT531

Ready to race!
Whatcha think? besides the fact that I drove home in the rain and got it all dirty last night =)

plat

Ready to race!
I like that Rabbit logo and the red GTI badge. Its a subtle personal touch that sets you apart. I might do the same thing with mine.

lawgdawg

Ready to race!

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
I think I just bought the exact same letters. Can you measure the "I" and tell me how tall and wide (at the top) it is? My "I" is 7/8" tall and about 5/8" wide. Seems too small in the package, but your application looks great!
that's them - 7/8" tall and a bit over 5/8" wide, you just center the letters on the plate and it looks fine...

FeatherRuffler

Ready to race!

Think this is a good compromise. Didn't want to black out the car but wanted to minimize the visibility of the GTI badge. From far away it looks debaged, from close up I think you appropriate the subtleness of the detail, and you aren't left with that awkward plastic area left when just debadging the front

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
I'm curious to see what the black badge looks like on the back of a Deep Black. I'm trying to figure out if I want to go with the red lettering for the front and back or go with the black.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

Think this is a good compromise. Didn't want to black out the car but wanted to minimize the visibility of the GTI badge. From far away it looks debaged, from close up I think you appropriate the subtleness of the detail, and you aren't left with that awkward plastic area left when just debadging the front

Details on the GTI & VW emblems?
(where'd you get them?)

Or is vinyl?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
It's laser cut vinyl placed on OEM VW emblems from a company RB_Styling

http://rb-styling.com/

Pricey but.. can't argue with the quality.

So you bought the new emblems with the vinyl already on them? (that's how they come?)

Or you just bought the vinyl and put it on your stock emblems yourself?

I'm REALLY liking the GTI emblem with the black letters!

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
Just got in my red GTI badging, and got it done yesterday, front and back. Took about 15 minutes or so, but worked like a charm. Looks very nice - pics will come after I clean the thing - there's a pretty unsightly sheen of dust on her...

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
So you bought the new emblems with the vinyl already on them? (that's how they come?)

Or you just bought the vinyl and put it on your stock emblems yourself?

I'm REALLY liking the GTI emblem with the black letters!

I got a set of the black "GTI" emblems on ebay for like $5 bucks shipped. I ended up going with the golf grill instead - I you want I'll sell you mine