GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo Stage 2 vs. APR Stage 2

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
no its not the answer, but with our cars there is no point in taking it past 110-120. If you arent manually shifting as dsg on roll races then that isnt a smart move at all.

It isn't? You smoking crack bud??? So you are telling me if we were to race the same car same tune with both dsg you can get it to shift better than if I were to let my car shift on it's own??? hmmmm....

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
This reminds me of what Honda cocksuckers argue about when disputing over what headers are better.

"So and so makes really good headers."

"FUCK YOU ASS-EYES, THIS BRAND IS SOOO MUCH BETTER. ILL MURDER YOU AND YOUR HOMIES."

Seriously... a tune is more or less the same, and we all drive the same fuckin' car. Get the FUCK along.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
This reminds me of what Honda cocksuckers argue about when disputing over what headers are better.

"So and so makes really good headers."

"FUCK YOU ASS-EYES, THIS BRAND IS SOOO MUCH BETTER. ILL MURDER YOU AND YOUR HOMIES."

Seriously... a tune is more or less the same, and we all drive the same fuckin' car. Get the FUCK along.

lol seems like you need to learn to get along with us haha. It's all good there isn't any really bashing on here it's just playfull fun. For me at least.

SFLFAST

Banned
Actually yes, letting your car shift on its own at 7.1k rpms is a bad idea...its not just me saying it either, look at the dynos posted anywhere. Our cars die out at 6k rpms. Find another gti with same mods and shift at 6k and guarantee you will do much better than letting the transmission shift for you.

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
Actually yes, letting your car shift on its own at 7.1k rpms is a bad idea...its not just me saying it either, look at the dynos posted anywhere. Our cars die out at 6k rpms. Find another gti with same mods and shift at 6k and guarantee you will do much better than letting the transmission shift for you.

This is true, see a dyno and you see past 6k our horsepower goes down, the ideal shift-points I think are 7k in first, 6.7k in second and 6k from then on.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion

How about I will bet my life and let you hold the knife and bet that if me and you raced the same car and I let my car shift on it's own and let you shift around 6k rpm that I would still beat you. Trust me just because our cars have weaker hp and trq around 7k doesn't justify us to shift early. Like I stated before you lose momentum when you shift early. Plus I saw your kia race video you seem like a young kid just like me so not to knock you off or anything but i'd rather listen to someone with a bit more knowledge and credibility.

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
How about I will bet my life and let you hold the knife and bet that if me and you raced the same car and I let my car shift on it's own and let you shift around 6k rpm that I would still beat you. Trust me just because our cars have weaker hp and trq around 7k doesn't justify us to shift early. Like I stated before you loose momentum when you shift early. Plus I saw your kia race video you seem like a young kid just like me so not to knock you off or anything but i'd rather listen to someone with a bit more knowledge and credibility.

The shift points i posted above are for DSG for manual i'd say around 6500 due to momentum loss.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
The shift points i posted above are for DSG for manual i'd say around 6500 due to momentum loss.

IDK i'd still let the car shift on its own. If I lived in miami I'd love to make a video to prove it to whomever and myself. It's hard for me to believe shifting "early" will improve our runs. I can only understand shifting early in 1st and 2nd gear. But once you get traction i'd let the car do the work.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Trust me i've seen that graph plenty times. It still doesn't make me think that shifting early in an automatic car will help make you go any faster.

Edit: these people seem to think like I do lol
omg, he's one of these dumb asses? anyone who shifts that early is going to lose ground...

Yeah wtf is he doing at 5800rpm shift points?
Way to early

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
I drive 6 speed so IDK if my input really matters, but I shift at pretty high rpm. A little above redline. It makes it so when you shift, you drop down into the best possible power RPM... at least for me since the TBE really boosts top end. I dont notice the drop in power at that point, and the shift will throw me back even at high speeds.

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
At 7k you make less horsepower and less torque, I don't understand why it would be better to hold it to red line? I'm just going with what i've been told.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
At 7k you make less horsepower and less torque, I don't understand why it would be better to hold it to red line? I'm just going with what i've been told.

Well then go with what you have been told, I'm going with what I have seen/felt/experienced/and drove for myself. Shifting early DOES NOT make an AUTOMATIC car go any faster than if you were to let it shift byitself lol. and as for ronnerjake it does make sence and I agree with what you said when you let the car go into redline the shifts do put you in the best gear it's like riding a bike if you are not going as fast as that gear can go before shifting sometimes you have to work harder to make the new gear go just as fast. Just like in a car common sence.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion