GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo vs Apr

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
I talked to dean just now he said it should be a couple of days to get the software...
Thanks

mikochu

boogerface
So, I was leaning towards the GIAC Stage 1 deal...but APR is starting a new Fully Loaded sale again on Monday (March 22 through April 30th). *head explodes*

mikochu

boogerface
Arin,

Can you explain the March 22nd to April 30th deal? Is this deal similar to the one you had that ended on February 28th, but for all all cars...not just the 2010 GTI?

Thanks

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
Lucky man
Let us know what its like!!

roadking26

Passed Driver's Ed
I've very much enjoyed my stage I tune for the past several weeks. My car has only a K&N panel filter in the stock air box -- other than the APR and K&N, it's stock. I've moved up to the 93 octane program using Shell VPower 93 octane. The APR site's dyno results don't show a lot of increase hp/torque from 91 to 93, and honestly I can't really tell, but I have the 93 and access to 93 octane so.... I have to say that I am completely 100% satisfied with what APR provided -- the car's personality is significantly improved, and yet is totally drivable -- calm and sedate for running errands, etc., and one mean little sucker when I take him up to the mountain roads. Oh, and BTW, my APR dealer is on the same grounds as an Audi, BMW, Porsche and VW

roadking26

Passed Driver's Ed
I forgot to say, too, that my MPG has improved -- mostly -- if I can keep my foot out of it! Anyway, in stock tune it was getting 25-26 overall -- with the 91/93 octane APR stage I tune, it's getting 27-28 overall. Again, kudos to APR for an outstanding product, and equal kudos to my APR dealer for his outstanding professional service.

mikochu

boogerface
Lucky man
Let us know what its like!!

:eek:

It took about an hour to get installed. The guys at Performance Race Solutions were nice. I took a short drive with the APR programmer, Zak. I drove around with ESP off and the tires were loose the whole time. Afterwards, I played with the EMCS. It was pretty neat to have it in an incognito package...no extra box-dohickies. The button combos weren't too complicated. I had them setup the programs as 1-Stock, 2-93Tune, 3-100Tune, 4-Valet.

As for the drive home, I'll be on a business trip for the next few days, so I didn't want to have too much fun. However, I was impressed with the mile-per-gallon I was getting on the highway. Another thing I noticed is the car doesn't bog while driving slow. The engine almost felt electric.

When I get back from my trip, I'll bring it to the dyno. I'll dyno the APR-stock map to compare it to my real stock results...and then I'll dyno the 93 map.

So far, I'm an APR believer. It's just so...WUNDERBAR! :thumbup:

Arin, could you explain some things for me?

- What does Valet mode do? What is restricted?
- What would happen if my battery dies? Does it go into a default mode?
- What happens if I try to lock the ECU and I let go of SET when the CEL blinks once per second (Fault code) or twice per second (throttle body alignment)? Anything detrimental?

Thanks!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
- What does Valet mode do? What is restricted?

Limits power, mph, and rpm.

- What would happen if my battery dies? Does it go into a default mode?

Nope. nothing happens.

- What happens if I try to lock the ECU and I let go of SET when the CEL blinks once per second (Fault code) or twice per second (throttle body alignment)? Anything detrimental?

Thanks!

1 time per second will run the fault code erase.

2 times per second will be nothing.