GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Robin Williams dead at 63

WAP

Go Kart Champion
San Rafael, Calif. — Investigators here said today Oscar-winning actor Robin Williams's death was a suicide by hanging: He was found dead in his bedroom, clothed, slightly suspended in a seated position with a leather belt around his neck, with one end wedged between a closet door and door frame.

Fuck.

How terrible to feel so bad that you do that to yourself and die alone. Poor guy.

Renner

Go Kart Champion
Fuck.

How terrible to feel so bad that you do that to yourself and die alone. Poor guy.

Yah it's sad to think there are millions of people that would of loved to just talk to him for a minute and it would of been the highlight of their lives...but he decided to die alone.

Makes you wonder what thoughts are going through someone's head 5 minutes before they decide to do this.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Yah it's sad to think there are millions of people that would of loved to just talk to him for a minute and it would of been the highlight of their lives...but he decided to die alone.

Makes you wonder what thoughts are going through someone's head 5 minutes before they decide to do this.

Yea, this. No kidding.:(

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
IDK how to feel about this. Guess its saddening, but at the same time, he killed himself. Soooo.

Depression is a disease most just can't wrap their mind around. I thought the same thing when an old classmate (we weren't close) did the same. "Why should I care if the coward offed himself?"

Trouble is that throughout our lives we learn what we need to do to make ourselves happy. Eating, socializing, watching movies, going fast, whatever. People with chronic depression, on the other hand, lack the ability to recover from feelings of sadness with stimuli. They're unhappy until the unhappy chemicals break down or their chemical balance itself shifts. Their emotions are broken. Their very thoughts are divergent because of this. It's really tough for anyone with a properly functioning brain to relate.

butchered by autocorrecr

Renner

Go Kart Champion
Depression is a disease most just can't wrap their mind around. I thought the same thing when an old classmate (we weren't close) did the same. "Why should I care if the coward offed himself?"

Trouble is that throughout our lives we learn what we need to do to make ourselves happy. Eating, socializing, watching movies, going fast, whatever. People with chronic depression, on the other hand, lack the ability to recover from feelings of sadness with stimuli. They're unhappy until the unhappy chemicals break down or their chemical balance itself shifts. Their emotions are broken. Their very thoughts are divergent because of this. It's really tough for anyone with a properly functioning brain to relate.

butchered by autocorrecr

well said...

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
IDK how to feel about this. Guess its saddening, but at the same time, he killed himself. Soooo.

someone with severe depression is like seeing someone with cancer
you want to find that magical cure before they are gone
There are many stages of cancer before it is deemed terminal. however, when the person gives up the will to live they will deteriorate even faster.

Mental illness still has a certain stigma and doesn't get the attention that it needs

09vdubgti

Banned
someone with severe depression is like seeing someone with cancer
you want to find that magical cure before they are gone
There are many stages of cancer before it is deemed terminal. however, when the person gives up the will to live they will deteriorate even faster.

Mental illness still has a certain stigma and doesn't get the attention that it needs

I agree. And the disease itself I am not referring too. Im more talking about treatment, which could've prevented this. I haven't read an article yet, stating he was seeing help for any sort of psychological disorder.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
I agree. And the disease itself I am not referring too. Im more talking about treatment, which could've prevented this. I haven't read an article yet, stating he was seeing help for any sort of psychological disorder.

I doubt he was seeing help for his depression. Depression is something that is completely treatable and it's nothing like schizophrenia or other illnesses out there. Depression & anxiety are both behavioral disorders and not necessarily "mental" illnesses.

Bottom line is that what happened was very preventable. I just believe that his addiction to cocaine and alcohol f*cked with his chemicals and made his lows really really low.

Whatever the case may be, it's really sad and he must have been more depressed than we can imagine, because I can't imagine a father to leave his children like that. Sad :/

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I doubt he was seeing help for his depression. Depression is something that is completely treatable and it's nothing like schizophrenia or other illnesses out there. Depression & anxiety are both behavioral disorders and not necessarily "mental" illnesses.

Bottom line is that what happened was very preventable. I just believe that his addiction to cocaine and alcohol f*cked with his chemicals and made his lows really really low.

Whatever the case may be, it's really sad and he must have been more depressed than we can imagine, because I can't imagine a father to leave his children like that. Sad :/

Agree with everything else you said except the bolded. It's been proven that in individuals with severe or chronic depression, the neural connections responsible for releasing chemicals in response to stimuli simply don't function properly. The mechanisms for chemical balance in the brain are dysfunctional. So yeah, depression really is another "wiring issue" like many other mental illnesses like schizophrenia or multiple personality disorder.

Here's a great article about the disease if you're interested. http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/what-causes-depression.htm

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Yep severe depression is a disease just like seizure disorder, hypertension, ibs, etc.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
Agree with everything else you said except the bolded. It's been proven that in individuals with severe or chronic depression, the neural connections responsible for releasing chemicals in response to stimuli simply don't function properly. The mechanisms for chemical balance in the brain are dysfunctional. So yeah, depression really is another "wiring issue" like many other mental illnesses like schizophrenia or multiple personality disorder.

Here's a great article about the disease if you're interested. http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/what-causes-depression.htm

Sure that there is some disposition to the way the brain is wired. But what I wa trying to say is unlike other serious illnesses you can do lifestyle changes to come out of it. Somebody with schizophrenia can't get out of it without medications.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

butchered by autocorrecr

:clap:

Well said. Very well said.

Sure that there is some disposition to the way the brain is wired. But what I wa trying to say is unlike other serious illnesses you can do lifestyle changes to come out of it. Somebody with schizophrenia can't get out of it without medications.

Disagree. Clinical depression can only be fixed with medications. Same with bi polar. Actually getting diagnosed is the tough part. But meds is only way to fix it.