GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sadness

rocotoll

Ready to race!
Well not that it will help but I have had all 3 panels on my driver side (rear, door, front) and both rims, damaged and replaced twice. Both times not my fault. The car looks like new after both shop visits.

INS guy said, "We will try to fix the rims" GRRR....

nic111

Passed Driver's Ed
Man. That's one expensive visit to Dick's. Crazy driver everywhere, especially in Seattle. Some people still can't drive properly in the rain.

buddydworth

Passed Driver's Ed
Damn, sir. Im sorry to hear that. I was hit by a lady who told me she was an illegal immigrant about four years ago while i was driving my mk4 1.8T. Luckily i called the cops and found out she was lying to try to get out of the damage fees. It was one of the weirdest/craziest days of my life.

beatcop818

Ready to race!
Just a bit of professional advise. Never do an exchange of information. They can back out of paying and then you have to sue them for them to be forced to pay. Always get a police report of the crash (especially if you are not at fault) and make their insurance pay for your repairs. I see too many people get screwed by trying to be nice about it. Always have us do a report for you. Just FYI.

GTI Geo

Passed Driver's Ed
Good God. I suppose that the only good news is that no one was hurt. Still, the mental capacity of the driver must be pretty low. The last time someone hit me was when I was sitting in my Mustang at a stop light, ironically telling my daughter about keeping a proper distance from the car ahead. Boom. She looks at me with big eyes, and I said:"...and we just got hit, and that is why". New rear bumper, all the hardware underneath, and it looked as good as new.

rocotoll

Ready to race!
@beatcop...they are paying no issues there, their insurance "manned up" and is taking the hit was not an issue.

It goes in the shop for a week on the 31st of the month...

Grownman

Ready to race!
Make sure your windows still work, when I was tee-boned, the window arm mechanism was bent and had to be replaced too.

rocotoll

Ready to race!
Make sure your windows still work, when I was tee-boned, the window arm mechanism was bent and had to be replaced too.

I will when I get it back...the dealer said if I tried them before they would crack the glass due to the damage to the door....so they are locked for now.

NEOHMark

Ready to race!
I am going to Univ. VW for it......it should be good.
Here is one of the pics I took...

Geez Louise! Wouldn't you think after the initial impact they would've STOPPED??? But no....they just kept on dragging their bumper right across the side. :mad0259:

rocotoll

Ready to race!
Geez Louise! Wouldn't you think after the initial impact they would've STOPPED??? But no....they just kept on dragging their bumper right across the side. :mad0259:

One would think...but when your a new driver who doesn't know how to drive a clutch, and you stall it after you hit the back of the car, you just let it roll the rest of the way...why try to stop? ;-)

Vesper

Ready to race!
I just parked the car far away at the mall parking. My wife thinks I'm crazy. Lol. I'm worried I'm gonna get a ding.

Sorry to hear of your damage amigo!

rocotoll

Ready to race!
I just parked the car far away at the mall parking. My wife thinks I'm crazy. Lol. I'm worried I'm gonna get a ding.

Sorry to hear of your damage amigo!

Vesper...the damage does suck, and I usually do park far out...but there really isn't far out parking where this was.

Car goes in Monday for the week..I am already mentally prepping for a enterprise rental car. :thumbdown: