GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

clownish

just clowning around
Fueling thoughts - I think i'm going to initially go lazy and hot rod it. Inline pump, return system surge tank with port and direct injectors and call it a day for now. I just want it running and driving before I look at a new lpfp and a controller and all of that good stuff. I did look at a new hpfp and lpfp but I think its unnecessary. My way is probably far less bullet proof... but hell, it should work. I have been looking up fueling systems and specs for the last week i feel like. appreciate your thoughts.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I wish I could help more on the HPFP side, but I just did it all right away without testing to see where the limits were on the stock HPFP. On just the MK7 R injectors w/ nostrum hpfp I was able to get about 400 at the wheels on 93. Once I switched over to E50 we turned on the aux fuel. It really sucks that the nostrum pump is the only options since it's $$$. Return systems and surge tanks are definitely way out of my knowledge though so I can't be any help there

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Fueling thoughts - I think i'm going to initially go lazy and hot rod it. Inline pump, return system surge tank with port and direct injectors and call it a day for now. I just want it running and driving before I look at a new lpfp and a controller and all of that good stuff. I did look at a new hpfp and lpfp but I think its unnecessary. My way is probably far less bullet proof... but hell, it should work. I have been looking up fueling systems and specs for the last week i feel like. appreciate your thoughts.
What's a surge tank?

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Corn pfp guy, how is the G25 on the street for dailying? I live in central MA and there's lots of rolling hills which means having to downshift frequently on the highway. Curious how the G25 is on the lower end of the rev range.

Also, what manifold are you using?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Corn pfp guy, how is the G25 on the street for dailying? I live in central MA and there's lots of rolling hills which means having to downshift frequently on the highway. Curious how the G25 is on the lower end of the rev range.

Also, what manifold are you using?
It's fine for me. Definitely notice some lag in the lower end, but not bad at all. It really is smooth to drive. Only time it gets a little crazy is if you floor it in low RPMs and the turbo spools, but starting up higher and leaning into it is no issue.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
It's fine for me. Definitely notice some lag in the lower end, but not bad at all. It really is smooth to drive. Only time it gets a little crazy is if you floor it in low RPMs and the turbo spools, but starting up higher and leaning into it is no issue.
Makes sense. Does it feel like it bogs down in 6th if you're trying to go up a hill at 2700rpm (65/70mph)?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
It probably does, don't have many hills here though i'd be hitting in 6th, and out of boost downshifting is just as easy as stock turbo

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
What's the manifold setup?
G25's gotta be paired with something custom.
I'm considering a 550 for if I build a motor, but I don't know what to do for the manifold. A custom tubular one would be really expensive, and a basic log one is kinda shite lol.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I'm running a basic ATP log style manifold. I don't think they make it anymore though unfortunately, although you can try searching the ATP part # https://www.ecstuning.com/b-atp-parts/20t-fsi-tsi-turbo-manifold-v-band-flanged/atp-vvw-322~atp/ . I was originally planning on a customer tubular one fabricated by a local shop, but they said there really wasn't a need, and so far I haven't hit any bottlenecks on power and vdyno said I made 510 to the wheels on e50, with a good amount more room for boost up top

clownish

just clowning around
What's a surge tank?

Secondary fuel tank that allows an additional inline fuel pump (or two) to keep fuel pressures up when feeding other injectors. If the ECU or secondary controller can handle it, it makes adding fuel, whether more gas or corn or meth, a little more straight forward than just replacing the OEM LPFP and HPFPs.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
I'm running a basic ATP log style manifold. I don't think they make it anymore though unfortunately, although you can try searching the ATP part # https://www.ecstuning.com/b-atp-parts/20t-fsi-tsi-turbo-manifold-v-band-flanged/atp-vvw-322~atp/ . I was originally planning on a customer tubular one fabricated by a local shop, but they said there really wasn't a need, and so far I haven't hit any bottlenecks on power and vdyno said I made 510 to the wheels on e50, with a good amount more room for boost up top
Makes sense. Shame they don't make those anymore.
The gains from a tubular are mainly better scavenging of the cylinder and better backpressure tuning. Cool video explaining log vs equal length
It doesn't really matter on turbo motors, tubular equal length is more of a baller setup thing to have. Takes up a lot of space too.
Do you remember what the quote from the shop was? I can't imagine it was less than 4 figures.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I wanna say it was like 5-6k. That was for custom intake pipe to turbo, custom turbo outlet pipe, custom downpipe, dump pipe, fabricating/installing the oil/coolant feed/return lines, and installing it all. The shop I went to is known for being a bit pricey, but they also do amazing work so I was willing to pay.

clownish

just clowning around
I wanna say it was like 5-6k. That was for custom intake pipe to turbo, custom turbo outlet pipe, custom downpipe, dump pipe, fabricating/installing the oil/coolant feed/return lines, and installing it all. The shop I went to is known for being a bit pricey, but they also do amazing work so I was willing to pay.

what shop did you use?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Stay Gold Performance. A local one around me. They're my goto for anything I can't do myself