GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So I sat in a GOLF R, want one now!!

Link

Ready to race!
Autobahn GTI = Golf R interior. Exterior is a different story.

McFuzz

Go Kart Champion
For a few pennies more, you can get a BMW 335... the R is a failboat in terms of price vs. features.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Autobahn GTI = Golf R interior. Exterior is a different story.

don't forget the dual climate controls.....i would still love a golf r, but it was way too pricey...i got my sunroof/navi/xenon for 26k before ttl new

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
For a few pennies more, you can get a BMW 335... the R is a failboat in terms of price vs. features.
335i=55k NEW. Talking used is a different story.

Used M3 now sell for under $34k. But gas mileage sucks.

No F'king way unless with over 100k miles and or salvage.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/3412092822.html
2010 50k
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/3435751543.html
2010 50k
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/3423495044.html
2008 42k
Talk about expensive...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
my 335xi stickered at 58K :eek:

I purchased it 2 years later for $35K and full CPO warranty :thumbup:

#smartcarbuying

holla atcha boy.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
my 335xi stickered at 58K :eek:

I purchased it 2 years later for $35K and full CPO warranty :thumbup:

#smartcarbuying

holla atcha boy.

If I learned anything from the deals you posted so far... you do MUCH much better than the average person.

Curious how much did you get the STI for and what about your GTI?

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
im sure it has a lot to do with where you live too. everything is so fucking expensive in california.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
If I learned anything from the deals you posted so far... you do MUCH much better than the average person.

Curious how much did you get the STI for and what about your GTI?

hehe.. usually true, not always.

STI - got about $25K for it, demodded it and made back about another $3K I believe, maybe more, then saved about $1K in taxes due to the trade-in as well.

GTI was $22K.

im sure it has a lot to do with where you live too. everything is so fucking expensive in california.

true, but pretty sure the first notice of deep discounts on the R were from Cali ;)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
hehe.. usually true, not always.

STI - got about $25K for it, demodded it and made back about another $3K I believe, maybe more, then saved about $1K in taxes due to the trade-in as well.

GTI was $22K.

true, but pretty sure the first notice of deep discounts on the R were from Cali ;)

I was curious how much you initially paid for the cars :)

Your A3 was a steal too, when you posted how much you paid for yours I looked around locally and couldn't find one within 5k of what you paid.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
well that is news to me lol. me and maxtdi deserve a good price on a R since our cars are so slow haha.

Edit: i believe i meant Maxtdi and I? ha

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Ah ok,

STI was stickered at $38,500, I got it for $35K even. If I had waited another year, I would have gotten it for around $32K due to the "fire sale" they had sometime late '08, iirc.

GTI autobahn MT stickered at $31,500, iirc, and I got it for $28,950.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Personally, I'd never fork over that much cash for a R. I think VW should give more car for the money.

See: 2008 (all over again ;) )

But definitely better this time around, imho.