GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SoCal OT Thread

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
So this is long overdue!

Now this isn't necessarily off-topic, but does anyone know a mobile ding/dent repair guy?

I called Leo at Dings & Dents Mobile Service and he wants $100 for each. They're really small dings. I found the quote to be too much, considering he did my friends GTI for $60 per ding.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Yay OT!
Golfmk6.com should just be one huge SoCal forum... mind as-well.

Anywho, I had called a few of those mobile car people and they seem to all be in the same price point. They wanted $300 to fill in the front plate holes.

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
Hmmm where's Chris? (mycrors7) We can't have an OT thread without him.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I guess $100 for each song is the going rate. Damn that's a lot for how small mine are. I thought they would be $60-$70 at most each.

I'm gonna have to call around.

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
So this is long overdue!

Now this isn't necessarily off-topic, but does anyone know a mobile ding/dent repair guy?

I called Leo at Dings & Dents Mobile Service and he wants $100 for each. They're really small dings. I found the quote to be too much, considering he did my friends GTI for $60 per ding.

I posted this on your FB post also, but I'm in the mood to be redundant ;)

"I've purchased a heat gun and compressed air, and will be practicing on my parents' cars (yes, I am going to intentionally dent them LOL). Figured you probably don't wanna wait for me to get my skill in dent repair up[ to par, and prob prefer a true dent/ding repair professional, but I thought I'd throw this out there"

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
Anthony, nice thing is... there is LITTLE chance for fuck ups with the heatgun/comrpessed air method. We can give it a shot, for free. We never touch the body panels AT ALL, only the heat from heat gun and the air from compressed air :D

I know the tecnhnique, but admit I haven't tried it out yet.

Save yoself $100 bruh!! ;)

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Anthony, nice thing is... there is LITTLE chance for fuck ups with the heatgun/comrpessed air method. We can give it a shot, for free. We never touch the body panels AT ALL, only the heat from heat gun and the air from compressed air :D

I know the tecnhnique, but admit I haven't tried it out yet.

Save yoself $100 bruh!! ;)

How does this method work? Heat from outside and use the air from the inside to push it out?

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
Try it out if you have a heat gun and compressed air (dust off spray works really well):

1. Heat affected area with heat gun thoroughly ( but don't let heat gun point directly at one spot too long, could damage paint! Keep it moving)

2. Immediately apply compressed air from can holding UPSIDE DOWN, so that the air is frigid cold. The comb of extreme hear and cold allow the dent to self repair.., the metal expands and usually will pop back I to place

*this will not work for really DEEP, hard dents*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
The compressed air needs to be coming out of the can like an arctic blast: it should look literally like a frost spray haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk