GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SoWo 2013 Highlights

waitforit

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't apologize for not being in love with stances cars. Then again it is a personal opinion that I don't mean to impose on anyone. What everyone does with his/her car is up to them. I just think there are other valid ways to mod a car than just "moar low". Just sayin.

Also, I agree. More pics. I didn't go to sowo and I want to see what they had to offer :)

LiquidKid

Ready to race!
stolen from mk5 for the sake of this thread

Credit to falut on mk5

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I am building a car that has a concrete driller attached to the underside of the chassis. When it parks, it will initially air up, at which time the driller will deploy to beging jack-hammering the concrete.

As it penetrates the concrete approx 2-4 inches down, the jack will return inside it's module home in the chassis, the car will then air out and lower down into/below the surface of the concrete, thus actually being LOWER than the ground itself.

After which time, it will be bestowed with trophies, additional decals and stickers, and credits towards new flourescent colored wheel paint jobs.

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
I am building a car that has a concrete driller attached to the underside of the chassis. When it parks, it will initially air up, at which time the driller will deploy to beging jack-hammering the concrete.

As it penetrates the concrete approx 2-4 inches down, the jack will return inside it's module home in the chassis, the car will then air out and lower down into/below the surface of the concrete, thus actually being LOWER than the ground itself.

After which time, it will be bestowed with trophies, additional decals and stickers, and credits towards new flourescent colored wheel paint jobs.

:lol: If this were shorter, it would be the quote in my signatures already :lol:

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
I don't apologize for not being in love with stances cars. Then again it is a personal opinion that I don't mean to impose on anyone. What everyone does with his/her car is up to them. I just think there are other valid ways to mod a car than just "moar low". Just sayin.

Also, I agree. More pics. I didn't go to sowo and I want to see what they had to offer :)

True story.

lol@thebaggedcrewgettingallbutthurt

No wonder why no one takes the Audi/VW scene seriously with these buffoons clogging up the ranks.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Whose mk6 is that on CV3's? Damn that look hawt.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

rs999

Go Kart Champion
I love seeing posts like these. If performance was really all you cared about then you wouldn't be driving a GTI. VW enthusiasts practically invented the low and slow genre and people still wonder why its so prevalent?

You drive a slow FWD vehicle that looks great and has an above average interior. It will never be a race car. It will forever be a 13 second, understeering pig on a competitive level. If you want something that is truly fast either in a straight line or around a bend then you bought the wrong car.

Umm no SoCal Mexicans invented low riding way back. White dudes who can afford German cars and thousand dollar wheels co-oped the style for dubs.

As for FWD racing, check out 034's TT-RS race car build, they went FWD because it was actually faster than AWD.

Stance is just a matter of taste like ear lobe plugs, some see them as cool style others see it as disgusting, disfiguring style.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I love seeing posts like these. If performance was really all you cared about then you wouldn't be driving a GTI. VW enthusiasts practically invented the low and slow genre and people still wonder why its so prevalent?

You drive a slow FWD vehicle that looks great and has an above average interior. It will never be a race car. It will forever be a 13 second, understeering pig on a competitive level. If you want something that is truly fast either in a straight line or around a bend then you bought the wrong car.

Well Said :clap::clap:

CherryRedOne

Ready to race!

I agree with most of this statement, there are better handling and more powerful cars out there for sure. With this being said a properly setup gti will hang with allot of cars on or off the track. You can't have perfect fitment and handling. You most go one or the other.

Saying that all gti's are slow is not fair at all. Even a k04 gti will hang with 80% percent of the cars on the road.

Understeering is common in almost all road cars at least on corner entry. Stock STI's and evo have been called understeering pigs too.