GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SSILVER88's Build Thread

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
The $500 is without tires because the tires on their right know are 235/60R18s lol

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Damn, thats pretty good, I'd love to get some 8" wheels so I can throw 255s on them. Oh well, I'll wait a while and when I do I'll get something in the <20lb/corner range.

The offset on these arent friendly for meaty tires either. I went whole 17 lightweight wheel path with meaty tires last fall. I loved the lightweight but couldnt get to like the looks of 17s. Lightweight 18s with a safe offset like 18x8 et45 or et50 for meaty tires would be killer but also more expensive.

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
The offset on these arent friendly for meaty tires either. I went whole 17 lightweight wheel path with meaty tires last fall. I loved the lightweight but couldnt get to like the looks of 17s. Lightweight 18s with a safe offset like 18x8 et45 or et50 for meaty tires would be killer but also more expensive.

Yea I understand, theres a guy on here I forget the name, think hes in the middle east or something, but runs team dynamics pro race 1.2s in gunmetal 17x8 with 245s and it looks rally as hell. I'd love to have a set up like that, but I'm not looking to drop that type of money on wheels just yet.

Sorry for OTing your thread SSILVER, but I guess free bumps right? I'm HB btw

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
My USP SS brake and clutch lines came in today along with the Motul RBF600 Fluid :) Will probably have them installed along with Stoptech pads next week

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
My USP SS brake and clutch lines came in today along with the Motul RBF600 Fluid :) Will probably have them installed along with Stoptech pads next week

Ive done all these install on my buddys car and they pads and fluid on my own. I have the pressure bleeder. If you want to cruise up to my house id be happy to help you out. Save you some cash.

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Where are you located? I only have Mondays and Wednesdays off work so I dont know when you're available

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Where are you located? I only have Mondays and Wednesdays off work so I dont know when you're available

Im in santa clarita. But the thing is i wont be able to be help until may 19 because im about to have finals next week. So if you decide to wait, let me know. Ill be more than happy to help.

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I know but they were $200+ cheaper than the super sports and the Sport Comp 2's were on backorder for a few months

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I know but they were $200+ cheaper than the super sports and the Sport Comp 2's were on backorder for a few months

Fair enough, I had planned on going 235F245R staggered when I got new tires, but I think I'll be on 225 A/S, not positive if they're A/S or not, we'll see, but at the rate I burn tires I'll live, that and for 550 with tires for a set of moderately unique wheels for the mk6, and 4lbs a corner lighter I'm thrilled.