GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SSILVER88's Build Thread

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
USP SS lines, Stoptech Pads and Motul fluid installed :)

Millage at time: 22.9k

Last edited:

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
USP SS lines, Stoptech Pads and Motul fluid installed :)

How do they feel under hard braking? Also just thought I'd mention, if you have access to vcds, set the brake assist value to 0, it will push the engagement point of the brakes a little bit further into the travel, but it will make the brakes bite more per input.

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
They feel awesome compared to stock pads and lines :)

They bite so well and slow the car down much faster. Also now have a hard pedal feel instead of the squishy stock pedal feel and they are not grabby.

Overall very happy with this budget brake upgrade :)

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Now that pretty much all the handling mods I wanted to do are done I think I am going to go Revo stage 1 next month

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
They feel awesome compared to stock pads and lines :)

They bite so well and slow the car down much faster. Also now have a hard pedal feel instead of the squishy stock pedal feel and they are not grabby.

Overall very happy with this budget brake upgrade :)

Well if you really feel like they stiffened up the brakes, I might have to pick some up.

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
Pedal feel is definitely firmer than stock. I will have to try out the vag-com mods when I pick one up

Okay, yea, I'm thinking the best budget brakes would be pads, stainless lines, the caliper bushings and the SPM two piece rotors and caliper mounts, though I guess you'd be close to Porsche brakes in price at that point.

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
I've heard of people getting really bad vibrations with the SPM 2 piece rotors. I was thinking about those until I heard that. Then I decided to just get the Stoptech 2 piece rotor kit later down the line if I go BBK

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
No I just work 7 days a week so we couldn't find a time to meet up because it was a pretty far drive to where he was located