GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

sskamboj's build thread

sskamboj

Ready to race!
Installed a Spulen TOP yesterday and re-mounted my euro plate to the factory holes and got rid of the nasty bumper plugs. Butt dyno feels slightly stronger during hard acceleration and I hear a slightly deeper tone in my exhaust now. Could just be me though.

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Added the Go Fast Bits DV+ last weekend. Noticed improved throttle response right away. Actually made my intake noise a bit quieter when just cruising, but it seems to be holding boost better.

nice dude! i added one this past weekend. i love it

sskamboj

Ready to race!
How was the headlight retrofit? Did you end up going with new or used bulbs/ballasts? What kind of adapters?

Nice build man!

Thanks man. The retrofit was super easy. Took all of an hour. Went with new bulbs and ballasts from user genuinexenon on ebay and housings from Deutscheautoparts. Used the ECS adapters and spliced wire 11 on the xenon side to pin 8 on the halogen plug to activate the shutters after coding it. Not bad at all.

sskamboj

Ready to race!
Dude that exhaust sounds AMAZING :wub:

sounds awesome sauce!!

that external mic waterproof?

and damn, that SMFW makes ur shifts so quick.
damn DMFW!!!!!

Thanks guys! It's catted and resonated but that will change in the spring. I don't think the mic is water proof which is why I think the sound became muffled half way in. Dirty and wet roads probably messed with it but I haven't tested it since so I'll actually do that later today.

Oh and I think my shifting sucks btw lol

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Did you wrap your interior trim yourself? I've been wanting to change those since I bought the car. How difficult is it to lay down?

sskamboj

Ready to race!
Did you wrap your interior trim yourself? I've been wanting to change those since I bought the car. How difficult is it to lay down?

Yep did the wrap at home. The dash pieces popped out so using a heat gun I was able to get the wrap to stretch over the pieces nicely. The door trim doesn't come off so I had to lay it down over the piece and cut and tuck accordingly. Really wasn't bad at all though, took about 2-3 hours total from start to finish.