GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 vs Stage 2+

edlevy

Would I need to go to a Stage 2+ instead of Stage 2 in order to notice considerably better HP and torque? Would an intercooler make enough of a difference to consider investing in? Thanks.

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
Stage 1 you'll even notice a considerable difference.

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
Ah, well whichever way you go be sure to budget for a clutch. Stock clutches go fast on Stage 2 levels. I won't even launch mine because I don't want to replace it yet.

Duwayne

Stg 2+ normally has significant gains over stg 2. At least my 6r did. Slight remap for stg2+ also brought about good gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edlevy

I'm being told that to go to Stage 2 one needs the fuel pump and an intake. Is this really the case?

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I'm being told that to go to Stage 2 one needs the fuel pump and an intake. Is this really the case?

Depends on what tuner you are talking about. APR, no. UM, I think that sounds right.

If you are stuck deciding between a fuel pump and a down pipe, you should also consider that you'll need about $1600 for a new clutch installed as well. That said, I'd do the HPFP first if I had to choose.

edlevy

What I'm hearing is in order to go beyond stage 1, one needs:
At least a catted downpipe, if not the entire cat back exhaust in addition to the downpipe
Upgraded fuel pump
Air intake of some type
File
Any idea of price ranges for these components?

Thanks!

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
What I'm hearing is in order to go beyond stage 1, one needs:
At least a catted downpipe, if not the entire cat back exhaust in addition to the downpipe
Upgraded fuel pump
Air intake of some type
File
Any idea of price ranges for these components?

Thanks!

Multiple people have told you to budget for a clutch. Thats gonna cost somewhere around 1500 alone.

Stage 2 requires a downpipe and an intake is recommended.

Stage 2+ requires the addition of an upgraded HPFP and an intake is required.

A new downpipe is gonna cost ~850 if you buy it new and want a catted one.

My Neuspeed intake was 280 new I think.

Your tune will be somewhere around 500-600 unless you upgrade within your existing tuning company. I think Unitronic charges an extra 150 to go from stage 1 to 2. APR is similar.

Also, go buy a new cam follower and change it out. That's a 50 dollar part that can/will save you thousands later if it ever breaks.

edlevy

I heard there's a stage 2 file that mitigates the lag while the turbo spools. It's pretty expensive, like $600. Anyone heard of it?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
what is stage 2 vs stage 2 plus lol i thought 1 and 2 were just tunes and that stage 2 plus was k04

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
what is stage 2 vs stage 2 plus lol i thought 1 and 2 were just tunes and that stage 2 plus was k04

I have no clue what stage 2+ is. I've never heard of it before. I don't think it's a real thing... maybe just a bolted stage 2?