GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steelcurtain’s Build Thread

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
The control arms feel great. Mixed with the differential it is a real joy to corner in now. I've gotten 200 miles on the arms and pucks and I'm very happy. My subframe is stiff now with the tyrol kit and it just feels solid. Different exhaust note too. The pucks are a much better option vs. an insert in my opinion. The true test will be on the track to see if they eliminate wheel hop. But I'm very happy with how it is riding now.

Get ready for the TyrolSport group buy on May 1st if you want to add the rear subframe kit! :w00t:

*Update*

When running single 175ml 50/50 mix, I'm now seeing zero drop in fuel rail pressure with tt-rs pump. Finally!

So you're running a single nozzle for your entire W/M setup? Snow 175 nozzle? I want to start out with a Snow 175 post intercooler and maybe Snow 60 post TB while I save up for an Aquamist HFS-4 DPI system.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
Get ready for the TyrolSport group buy on May 1st if you want to add the rear subframe kit! :w00t:

So you're running a single nozzle for your entire W/M setup? Snow 175 nozzle? I want to start out with a Snow 175 post intercooler and maybe Snow 60 post TB while I save up for an Aquamist HFS-4 DPI system.

Oh cool. Can you share the link for the GB? I'm not on here too much these days.

For now I am. I've had a heck of a time frying throttle bodies when everyone is telling me I shouldn't be and the setup is the same. I've adjusted my spray settings to start at 10psi vs 5 and peak at 19 instead of 17. The pressure is high so atomization is good during testing. And when she starts spraying the power is on.

All this will be changing, I'm working on a spare manifold for direct port currently. I will be dremeling the splines and converting my metal fuel rail over to the mk6 hose so I can remove the rail holders on the mani and keep it clean. It's the 4th runner that fucks up placement of an injector. I'm kinda on a budget so we'll see. I'm sure once I get into cutting away, my OCD will kick in and I'll want to make it perfect and smooth removing much more than I have taped up right now. LOL

I wan't the hsf-4 too. But unless someone would like to sponsor me, that ain't happening anytime soon. I have concerns with snow 2 going direct port without IDC control.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
The motor took a shit again so going back to stock and parting everything out. All mods listed on the first page are for sale.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Hey talks about everything in the Big Turbo Discussion thread.