GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steelcurtain’s Build Thread

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
Yea, I purchased s3 hose, block off plate from ATP (I think ) and the s3 DV adapter and VWR intake tap for ko4. Then I used the silicon piping from my noise pipe for the elbow going into BSH Y pipe. Run 2 vac lines then done. The VWR tap was easy and has a cutting tool. I didn't follow their instructions but got great results. Integrity of compressor inlet pipe is sound. I haven't tested for leaks yet though but feel it is solid.

Last edited:

SydneyGTi1

Ready to race!
Yea, I purchased s3 hose, block off plate from ATP (I think ) and the s3 DV adapter and VWR intake tap for ko4. Then I used the silicon piping from my noise pipe for the elbow going into BSH Y pipe. Run 2 vac lines then done. The VWR tap was easy and has a cutting tool. I didn't follow their instructions but got great results. Integrity of compressor inlet pipe is sound. I haven't tested for leaks yet though but feel it is solid.

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds easy enough but need hoist for sure. Stands at the very least.

Time to raid the parts bin (or steal from Sammy's car...)

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
It took 2 6' sections of vac line. Sorry I don't do meters. :)

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

I can't tell you how much Id love to see a parts lost with links/prices and a possible DIY. This is something I want to do so bad since I have the BSH pipe.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
NGP fixed her up. Next day turnaround. Thanks John and Benji! 034 pucks installed and helicoil two threads. No funds to waste on new
Subframe! She'll be good.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
Good stuff, helicoils are great no need to worry.

I'm not! :D we both know I have enough already all holding strong. Lol

Slapping that shit in this weekend if Tyrol parts get here.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
*Update*

When running single 175ml 50/50 mix, I'm now seeing zero drop in fuel rail pressure with tt-rs pump. Finally!

Also, the new control arms and subframe bushings are in, DV re-route is leak free and all oil leaks are fixed. The car is now 100% race ready. Doing an HPDE event at Summit Point on 6/21 and hope to make it to the drag strip the same weekend. The new suspensions feels great. Hugs the turns. Not good for the drag strip but my focus is more on road racing now.

Last edited:

Halvie

WOOSA
*Update*

When running single 175ml 50/50 mix, I'm now seeing zero drop in fuel rail pressure with tt-rs pump. Finally!

Also, the new control arms and subframe bushings are in, DV re-route is leak free and all oil leaks are fixed. The car is now 100% race ready. Doing an HPDE event at Summit Point on 6/21 and hope to make it to the drag strip the same weekend. The new suspensions feels great. Hugs the turns. Not good for the drag strip but my focus is more on road racing now.

opinions on the suspension upgrades?

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
opinions on the suspension upgrades?

The control arms feel great. Mixed with the differential it is a real joy to corner in now. I've gotten 200 miles on the arms and pucks and I'm very happy. My subframe is stiff now with the tyrol kit and it just feels solid. Different exhaust note too. The pucks are a much better option vs. an insert in my opinion. The true test will be on the track to see if they eliminate wheel hop. But I'm very happy with how it is riding now.