GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steemax's Bagged F23T

steemax

Go Kart Champion
So my bumper plugs and lighting came in today

Really loving this all in one HID kit. No need to make a mess with extra wires and ballasts

For some reason the HID's came out light blue. They actually match with all the other LED's spot on in person.

Sent from my BendGate Plus.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Well I just placed my order for my Cobb AP v3. Couldn't hold off much longer.

There is a new thread by MAPerformance on NASIOC about their new flash and go software.

They are including a free OTS tune made by them with every AP purchase. So it comes out to $640 shipped with software. It seems promising and I'll definitely do some logs and post them up here once I have everything in hand and pass the 1k mile mark on the Rex.

According to their dyno (done on a dynojet) numbers the results are as follows:
Stock Max Power: 222.00, Max Torque: 265.38
Cobb Stage 1 Max Power: 247.55 Max Torque: 264.83
MAP OTS Tune Max Power: 281.44 Max Torque: 318.13

According to those that have it thus far, the logs are looking very promising.

steemax

Go Kart Champion

steemax

Go Kart Champion
So my Cobb AP came in the other day. First I installed the OTS Cobb stage 1 tune. I really did not see any power increase, just better drive ability.

Now MAPerfromance did not have a 91 tune ready yet so they sent me their 92 oct tune file until the 91 is available since I do have an Arco near me with 92. Despite this i still flashed the car with just Arco 91 in it and am pleasantly surprised.

First off it has much more power present then the Cobb OTS tune.

Second it was around 94F out when i did some logs. Did some 3rd gear pulls and my DAM stayed at 1, feedback knock stayed 0, fine knock also stayed 0 and boost peak recorded by the stock gauge was 21.3

I'll keep logging throughout the week but so far this has been great.

Next up im anticipating the arrival of my TWM Shift knob today :thumbup:

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Crazy how different tuning is for other communities. For most VW's of this decade it's literally a night and day difference between tuned and untuned. On the other hand, on the new rex's most people don't really see a noticeable change in power after tuning.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Crazy how different tuning is for other communities. For most VW's of this decade it's literally a night and day difference between tuned and untuned. On the other hand, on the new rex's most people don't really see a noticeable change in power after tuning.

Basically the Cobb stage 1 is useless for power. It just fixes a slight torque dip in the power band and makes the power more linear.

The Maperformance tune is a good bit of power over stock. Really wakes the car up.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
My shift knob just came in. Big thanks to the guys @twmperformance

This thing is crazy! Feels like a 5lb dumbbell. There was no way you can shift with the stock knob without gripping it with a full palm as it was just full plastic. I can now nudge the shifter with my finger and it just slides into each gear. Not to mention it sits a good inch lower than the OEM.

I was skeptical about the cost but it all makes sense now and it's worth every penny.

Time for pics!

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Couple things are in store for the next couple weeks. I really didn't expect to jump to stage 2 so quick but I stumbled upon the below exhaust setup.

Placed order for X-force catted Turbo Back exhaust. This should be interesting as I couldn't find a single thread on it. It seems to be a brand new offering and the price was scary cheap. Thought I'd be the guinea pig here. (It's on RallySportDirect)

Also ordered some vacuum line for the pill delete.
Once I have everything in possession, I'll be ordering an E-Tune from Bren.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Another update: Figured since I'm throwing the TBE on and getting a E-Tune I mind as well knock two birds with one stone and ordered a Mishimoto Intake with box so I won't have to re-tune all over again down the road. This should be fun.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Mishimoto intake came in today. Install was a tad more difficult then on the GTI.

Installed the intake and loaded the Cobb stage 1 + Mishimoto intake map temporarily until the exhaust is installed. The intake has a nice stealth look which is what I was going for.