GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock vs 2009 Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdeis11

Ready to race!
threads like this one make me sad to be a part of this website.

someone posts something, and people immediately jump on them and say it couldnt have happened. were you there?
and even if what they are saying isnt accurate, who f'ing cares? all this negativity, i don't get it.

dknguyenn

Ready to race!
Lol I'm not taking anything personally here, but telling me to grow up? Come on man... Why you gotta do me like that? :iono: haha jk.

Just to clarify... we didn't race 0-60. His car was WOT the moment he jumped. It was at night and there was no way I could see through his tint. He wasn't toying cause I never closed in or drifted away.

HE GOT THE JUMP CAUSE THERE WASN'T A HONK OFF.... Only managed a 1-1.5 cars ahead of me and we stayed even the whole time. It's not the first GT I ran...I'm just surprised I kept with this one. Looked like the California special by the hood scoop, but not vinyl/badges. Just the distinct sound of a v8 lol.

The 4.8's aren't the best v8's out there... Not slow, but not exactly what I'd call really fast either. Not hating on any car..just posting what happened.

I was ready for the flaming, but gave me a good read while taking a dump lol.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
I really don't see what's hard to believe about it. It's an older car, with an unknown amount of miles, and an unknown transmission. I'm sure if it was a well kept, properly driven manual he would have pulled more, but there are a variety of factors. A Stage 1 GTI traps about 100mph, which is what an auto GT would trap for that year.

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
I really don't see what's hard to believe about it. It's an older car, with an unknown amount of miles, and an unknown transmission. I'm sure if it was a well kept, properly driven manual he would have pulled more, but there are a variety of factors. A Stage 1 GTI traps about 100mph, which is what an auto GT would trap for that year.

oh the humanity! how dare you!

GTmyI

Ready to race!
A list of stock cars that can beat stock GTIs would be long and depressing...

What? Are you joking me bro? We just comparing stock vs stock, don't worry about price, rwd AWD or fwd, make or model! Just speed in 1/4 mile, 0-60 or track. Yes, taking a van, suv or truck to track as we speak!

Honda: Civic (all model) accord (non-v6), element, pilot, cr-z, crv,
Hyundai: elantra, Veloster, Santa Fe, Tuson, 2.0t Gen (09-11)
Toyota: corolla, Camry 4 cylinder, highlander,
Nissan: Sentra, Sentra S, Altima, versa, rouge,
Acura: CSX, tSX, Mdx, RSX, rdx, zdx
Lexus: es350, is 250, rx 350 and more
Infiniti: G20x, G35x (debatable), Fx 35, jx35
Kia: Optima (all model), I don't know any thing else beside that with Kia
Dodge: Ram 1500, even 1500 Hemi (debatable), Neno, Dart, Journey, Avenge, Challenger, Charger,
Chrysler: 200, 300 (non-hemi or SRT-8)
Ford:F-150 (Non-SVT of course)
Jeep:
Buick:
Cadillac:
GMC:
Chevy:
Lincoln:
Scion: TC, Xb, XD,
Mazda: 2, 3 (minus speed3), 6, cx-5, cx-7, cx-9, Rx-8
Subaru: Forster (all model), Impreza, Outback, and more
Mitsubishi: lancer, outlander, elciples
Benz: C 250, c300, every close to c350, some ML class, GLK class, GL Class, E Class, CLS, CLK
BMW: 325, 328xi, x1
Audi: A3, A4, A5,
Volvo, C30, S40,
VW (LoL): CC, Jetta, GOLFFFFF (lol), EOS, Beetle (debatable), SUV's

I dont think of our car (GTi) is fast AT ALL, its quick but not fast! However, it's "quickness" can beat a lot of those car in day to day traffic.

I will stop for now! And don't be like oh it's not even the same type, or performance, price, this or that! We are just comparing stock vs stock speed!

Last edited:

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
What? Are you joking me bro? We just comparing stock vs stock, don't worry about price, rwd AWD or fwd, make or model! Just speed in 1/4 mile

Honda: Civic (all model) accord (non-v6), element, pilot, cr-z, crv,
Hyundai: elantra, Veloster, Santa Fe, Tuson, 2.0t Gen (09-11)
Toyota: corolla, Camry 4 cylinder, highlander....
Nissan: Sentra, Sentra S, Altima, versa, rouge,
Acura: CSX, tSX, Mdx, RSX, rdx, zdx
Lexus: es350, is 250, rx 350 and more
Infiniti: G20x, G35x (debatable), Fx 35, jx35
Kia: Optima (all model), I don't know any thing else beside that with Kia
Dodge:
Ford:
Jeep:
Buick:
Cadillac:
GMC:
Chevy:
Lincoln:
Scion: TC, Xb, XD,
Mazda: 2, 3 (minus speed3), 6, cx-5, cx-7, cx-9, Rx-8
Subaru: Forster (all model), Impreza, Outback, and more
Mitsubishi: lancer, outlander, elciples
Benz: C 250, c300, every close to c350, some ML class, GLK class, GL Class,
BMW: 325, 328xi, x1
Audi: A3, A4, A5,
Volvo, C30, S40,
VW (LoL): CC, Jetta, GOLFFFFF (lol), EOS, Beetle (debatable), SUV's

I dont think of our car (GTi) is fast AT ALL, its quick but not fast! However, it's "quickness" can beat a lot of those car in day to day traffic.

I will stop for now! And don't be like oh it's not even the same type, or performance, price, this or that! We are just comparing stock vs stock speed!

A few of those are definitely questionable and the rest are mostly shit-boxes....just saying. GTIs stock are mildly quick. Tuned is a different story.

GTmyI

Ready to race!
A few of those are definitely questionable and the rest are mostly shit-boxes....just saying. GTIs stock are mildly quick. Tuned is a different story.

Good point bro! But I am just comparing, and yea I know some are questionable lol but it's all for good fun here! No hard feeling!

Also keep it in mind, you can name Lamborghini, ferrari or porsche etc, you can probably can name a few that demolish gti to dust! But how often you see them in the street tho! :)

Anyway sorry about :threadjacked:

Moving on back to OP

EvoX1

Ready to race!
They are still stock mid 13 second cars. That engine was pretty torquey and build a lot of it down low.

Actually, the new V6s are still slower then the 4.6 V8s.

I don't think so. I see more stock 4.6 GTs trapping 103+ then I have seen S2s.

I didnt think so either... Then i saw it multiple times. The gti pulls aheads slightly the mustang crawls back by 100.

by 100 theres an easy 2 mph difference in speed.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
Seriously? Someone compared the hp/cyl on an engine that was dated back to 2005 against one from 2010?

:laugh: Shut up silly. APR claims the FSI is capable of summoning 212hp, that's 53hp/cyl in 2006. That's 34% more power per pot than the 3v 4.6, but it's not exactly a big feat either way. The Coyote 5.0 is underrated at 420hp, but that's 52.5hp/cyl. Do you see that it doesn't matter yet? I was trolling. This is Golf vs Mustang, where we don't let shit slide because it's not coming out our asses.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
I love how no one has done a simple YouTube search to show a mustang gt vs a stock gti. All of those calling the gti "quick" stock are full of shit. Period. It's not quick. At all. K04 is quick. Then again, it's up to personal preference what quick is. Personally, quick for me is 350 hp. Fast will be 400+. But I am the minority who wants max power. I was just being realistic about the race. No mustangs that are gt take the badge off. Never seen it in my life. Mods should delete threads that don't contain videos. Period.

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
:laugh: Shut up silly. APR claims the FSI is capable of summoning 212hp, that's 53hp/cyl in 2006. That's 34% more power per pot than the 3v 4.6, but it's not exactly a big feat either way. The Coyote 5.0 is underrated at 420hp, but that's 52.5hp/cyl. Do you see that it doesn't matter yet? I was trolling. This is Golf vs Mustang, where we don't let shit slide because it's not coming out our asses.

Aren't you guys forgetting something? NA vs FI? I wouldn't consider it a fair comparison. I think Ford edges out on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.