GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock vs 2009 Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
I hate muffstains. But there's no way the GTI paced it. I've raced a supersnake in my dads 600WHP nova and paced it all the way to 150 then he let off. As much as I hate ford, the Muffstain has a strong power plant.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
I hate muffstains. But there's no way the GTI paced it. I've raced a supersnake in my dads 600WHP nova and paced it all the way to 150 then he let off. As much as I hate ford, the Muffstain has a strong power plant.

And don't worry daddy was in the car with me :lol:

Tayrob

Passed Driver's Ed
damn sounds like a lot of guys talking about a lot of hypotheticals in here!
i can 100% see a mk6 GTI pacing a 05-09 GT maybe not so much passing but a good door to door or even on the rear bumper of the 'stang/1 car length back is not out of the question, I've seen EXACTLY what those cars can do and a LOT of it comes down to the driver and if you cant handle that GT your getting paced for sure

my 4door DSG stock ran 14.3 at Milan dragway on a 98 degree dayand a lot of the stock/stockish mustangs that day were falling well within those parameters

this coming from a guy who lives in Dearborn MI (Ford world HQ ....literally) where we have a person to mustang ratio of 3:1

but then again living here has also taught me Mustang owners think themselves god lol......

kern417

Go Kart Champion
it's the same thing here. i work at LAP and KTP is right around the corner. 1 being the largest producing plant and the other producing the world's highest selling truck, there's no chance that any other oem would outnumber fords on the road. but even before i realized that i noticed that coyotes are everywhere.

dknguyenn

Ready to race!
I love how no one has done a simple YouTube search to show a mustang gt vs a stock gti. All of those calling the gti "quick" stock are full of shit. Period. It's not quick. At all. K04 is quick. Then again, it's up to personal preference what quick is. Personally, quick for me is 350 hp. Fast will be 400+. But I am the minority who wants max power. I was just being realistic about the race. No mustangs that are gt take the badge off. Never seen it in my life. Mods should delete threads that don't contain videos. Period.

Like I said, he was in it cause I could hear his exhaust over mine. We let off around 105-110 and we cruised around 100. It was a full out race to top speed. It happened. I don't know why it's so hard to believe. I know numbers and experiences tell you one, but every circumstance was different. Like I said, he could have had passengers. The area where we came from and the time is when a lot of people are out and about and carpool. I'm not trying to belittle anyone or tell anyone that their information is incorrect. I'm simply reporting what happened.
I've actually seen quite a few debadged GT's. I agree with your statement. It also depends on what car you've come from and which ones you've driven. Even with that I think the GTI is still fairly quick. Everyone knows it's a torquey little car.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
OP, clearly everyone in this thread saw the race, and know the outcome. I walked mustangs when I was stock and they had work done. Not the 04+ though, but they arent much faster than the ones I raced. Its the funniest when the v8 makes such a loud ass noise yet the car is going nowhere.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
OP, clearly everyone in this thread saw the race, and know the outcome. I walked mustangs when I was stock and they had work done. Not the 04+ though, but they arent much faster than the ones I raced. Its the funniest when the v8 makes such a loud ass noise yet the car is going nowhere.

I can see you walking a 225hp 5.0 SN or an older Fox body, but 99-04 GTs weight slightly more then the GTI, make more power and have a lot more torque.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Are you kidding me? I walked 99-04 gts. It wasnt even close. Im talking bus lengths

So your stock 200hp/207tq. 3100lb. GTI walks a 265hp/300tq 3300lbs. GT by bus lengths? Was he trying? And modified at that? lol come on dude...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
the older GT's were total POS... wtf is wrong with you people/this thread/balls everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.