GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stoptech pads and cryo-treated slotted rotors

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
those look good. I just got my slotted rotors this weekend. Didn't go with the chyro treatment though...i don't track, just drive like a BMW driver on the 401 lol

my issue now is what pads to get. i got about 170, 000 out of the OEMs. Which pads did you all get? can you post the product number? I don't think I'll get the Akibono or Hawks

@TR says the Street Pads (308.11070) are close to OEM. Who got the Sport (309.11070) and why? Personally I found once I got my OEM a good temp they bit when I had to do some emergency braking.

When I put the Hawks on my Saab 93 it was like Godzilla kicked me in my stomach the first time I did an emergency stop in those. Holy grab Batman!!! When I went to change them out though they just crumbled in my hand.

I wonder how much issue I'll have changing out the rotors. I'll be doing in my driveway with hand tools....hmmmm PB blaster, beer, jack stands and patience for sure. Will be wary of that lit screw that keeps the rotor on. Will collect new ones from the dealer before I even try to change them off

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Just picked up some stoptech slotted rotors non cryo and stoptech 309 pads.
I will let you know.

Sent from phone Tapa

good times. Are you installing yourself?

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Is the VW Nazi helping you?

JT641

Banned
those look good. I just got my slotted rotors this weekend. Didn't go with the chyro treatment though...i don't track, just drive like a BMW driver on the 401 lol

my issue now is what pads to get. i got about 170, 000 out of the OEMs. Which pads did you all get? can you post the product number? I don't think I'll get the Akibono or Hawks

@TR says the Street Pads (308.11070) are close to OEM. Who got the Sport (309.11070) and why? Personally I found once I got my OEM a good temp they bit when I had to do some emergency braking.

When I put the Hawks on my Saab 93 it was like Godzilla kicked me in my stomach the first time I did an emergency stop in those. Holy grab Batman!!! When I went to change them out though they just crumbled in my hand.

I wonder how much issue I'll have changing out the rotors. I'll be doing in my driveway with hand tools....hmmmm PB blaster, beer, jack stands and patience for sure. Will be wary of that lit screw that keeps the rotor on. Will collect new ones from the dealer before I even try to change them off

I got everything from Tire Rack Here's the pads I have

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...utoModel=GTI&autoYear=2012&autoModClar=2-Door

It's going to vary depending on what calipers you have I have the bosch calipers.

Make sure you clean off the surface behind the rotor thoroughly so the rotor sits flush!!! and torque everything to spec and replace all of your bolts

Some good advice here in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvyHhTDuRVg

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
What is going on in here [emoji23]

But in all seriousness, my brakes don't even feel decent till they warm up. It feels like the rotors are made of ice sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damagi123

Go Kart Champion

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
do we know who was on that recent smoking tire one take with the brake problems? Wasnt that just stoptechs and slotted rotors?