GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

cardoboy

Passed Driver's Ed
This was a very exciting update to see. Here are answers to some of the questions:

1. You can update your AP, but the LC, FFS features won't be enabled until we rebuild the tunes.

2. We will be releasing a V1.10 of the tunes next week which will have these features in them. For those that have flash tunes with us, we will need to rebuild you tunes. However the cost will be much less than the original tune. We do this for other platforms we support and it will be $25 for a Version Update.

3. The boost limit update. This doesn't affect stock turbo cars as the stock turbo doesn't like to live above 1.5 bar (22psi) of boost.

However for bigger turbos we were limited to 1.5 bar of boost we could target. We could always read the 3 bar MAP sensor correctly but we couldn't ask the ECU to make more boost than 22psi. Now we can do this. For the custom tunes that WANT more boost and have the fuel octane to support it; we will need to do Top Up Tunes where we will once again walk boost up. You will also NEED a 3 bar MAP sensor to target above 22psi of boost.

This will all be available next week once we have more seat time with the update. I want to make sure that there are no unexpected issues. I will update again once everything is ready to roll out!

Thank you Alex, I came here to ask about the LC being added to your tune. Also here's a mini review of the Stratified tune I installed recently:

With the OTS Cobb 93 Stage 2 tune, my DSG trans would not shift quickly, there was a noticeable pause between shifts while the engine cut power. Bummer! The whole reason I went to DSG was for the SNAP shifts.

After reading about the Stratified tune, I saw that Alex mentioned the tunes are optimized to avoid the DSG induced power cut. And WOW what a difference!

My car now shifts like it did stock, almost imperceptibly quick. There is no or little boost loss, and the car actually surges forward on the upshift under WOT.

I'm very happy with the Stratified tune for that alone! I don't have a before or after dyno comparison, but the driving feel is much improved and I'm sure there is a difference in performance time.

Some other differences I noticed from the OTS Cobb tune:
-In "D" or "S" mode, when you use the paddles to shift, the car will go back into "D" or "S" mode after about ten seconds of normal driving behavior, which was not true with the Cobb OTS.

-"S" mode is a little more driveable, depending on the throttle position. With the Cobb tune in "S" mode, my RPMs would stay extremely high (4k or more) even with moderate throttle applied. The Stratified tune seems to hold RPM based on throttle position, which is cool.

I haven't done the data logging for the MAF yet, I need to find a piece of road where this will be possible.

Also, CSB: I edged out a newer Charger R/T without much difficulty from 20-85mph.

jon570

Ready to race!
Are there any tunes flashable with Cobb that help with the rev hang? Does stratified help with this issue at all?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Thank you Alex, I came here to ask about the LC being added to your tune. Also here's a mini review of the Stratified tune I installed recently:

With the OTS Cobb 93 Stage 2 tune, my DSG trans would not shift quickly, there was a noticeable pause between shifts while the engine cut power. Bummer! The whole reason I went to DSG was for the SNAP shifts.

After reading about the Stratified tune, I saw that Alex mentioned the tunes are optimized to avoid the DSG induced power cut. And WOW what a difference!

My car now shifts like it did stock, almost imperceptibly quick. There is no or little boost loss, and the car actually surges forward on the upshift under WOT.

I'm very happy with the Stratified tune for that alone! I don't have a before or after dyno comparison, but the driving feel is much improved and I'm sure there is a difference in performance time.

Some other differences I noticed from the OTS Cobb tune:
-In "D" or "S" mode, when you use the paddles to shift, the car will go back into "D" or "S" mode after about ten seconds of normal driving behavior, which was not true with the Cobb OTS.

-"S" mode is a little more driveable, depending on the throttle position. With the Cobb tune in "S" mode, my RPMs would stay extremely high (4k or more) even with moderate throttle applied. The Stratified tune seems to hold RPM based on throttle position, which is cool.

I haven't done the data logging for the MAF yet, I need to find a piece of road where this will be possible.

Also, CSB: I edged out a newer Charger R/T without much difficulty from 20-85mph.

Not bad my review pretty much matches your exactly on the shifting/jerkiness that cobbs tune had in comparison to stratified.

Those charges are called land yachts for a reason because they weigh like 5k lbs lol

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Are there any tunes flashable with Cobb that help with the rev hang? Does stratified help with this issue at all?
rev hang? whats that?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I have too many mods that affect rev hang to say whether or not the tune helps with it. Between a SMFW, fluidampr, and this tune I don't notice any rev hang at all. When I turn the AC on I feel like the revs fall a little too fast.

Laimface

Ready to race!
I have too many mods that affect rev hang to say whether or not the tune helps with it. Between a SMFW, fluidampr, and this tune I don't notice any rev hang at all. When I turn the AC on I feel like the revs fall a little too fast.

My car hates the AC, the dogbone insert makes the car turn into a vibrator when AC is on haha.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
My car hates the AC, the dogbone insert makes the car turn into a vibrator when AC is on haha.

I've never liked the AC on in these cars. Maybe at this point it's because I've driven with the AC off for 4 years in this car that now when I turn the AC on I can feel all these differences that I don't like.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i always drive with the AC on. lol

UberFast

Ready to race!
i always drive with the AC on. lol
Same here. Hell you have to in this South eastern heat lol. Nothing better than getting out of work and into a black interior car that's been sitting in a parking lot for 12 hours in 90 degree weather lol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Same here. Hell you have to in this South eastern heat lol. Nothing better than getting out of work and into a black interior car that's been sitting in a parking lot for 12 hours in 90 degree weather lol.

I barely even think about it. Been in FL my entire life and my job has me working outside regularly, so I'm just kinda used to it. I get in my car, is it raining? No, then the windows go down.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I barely even think about it. Been in FL my entire life and my job has me working outside regularly, so I'm just kinda used to it. I get in my car, is it raining? No, then the windows go down.
i used to be like that in my 94' Volvo. But then again the AC didnt really work in that car anyways. People do not understand heat until they have been in Florida. They do not understand the combination of swamp balls and heat does.

I used to embrace the suck but now i hide from the suck for the most part.

UberFast

Ready to race!
i used to be like that in my 94' Volvo. But then again the AC didnt really work in that car anyways. People do not understand heat until they have been in Florida. They do not understand the combination of swamp balls and heat does.

I used to embrace the suck but now i hide from the suck for the most part.
Swamp balls [emoji23] I know exactly what you mean. I'm thinking about installing a remote start to try to help avoid getting into an oven everyday.

Swamp balls [emoji23] I know exactly what you mean. I'm thinking about installing a remote start to try to help avoid getting into an oven everyday.

Remote window up and down helps a bit with this, its really nice being able to vent out all the hot air that has built up in the car before you get into it.

Not as effective as remote start + AC but way cheaper to do with vagcom.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Remote window up and down helps a bit with this, its really nice being able to vent out all the hot air that has built up in the car before you get into it.

Not as effective as remote start + AC but way cheaper to do with vagcom.
yeah just rolling the windows down right as you walk up holding the key helps a lot with the transfer.