GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

UberFast

Ready to race!
Remote window up and down helps a bit with this, its really nice being able to vent out all the hot air that has built up in the car before you get into it.

Not as effective as remote start + AC but way cheaper to do with vagcom.
Ha yea I've already enabled that with vagcom. It does help some but the remote start would be good for summer and winter.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
So does this mean we can go K04 now because I have one I’ve been waiting to install for while now.

Yes we can tune a K04 without any issues.

Alex, how much psi can you give me if I get a tune with you with the forge WG? I'm peaking 23 and holding 20 to redline now on p&p k04 on stock WG.

This will depend on many factors - I will optimize your tune for your setup and the boost achieved will be the one to best optimize the tune.

lleron

Ready to race!
A ported and polished k04 should easily put 330 whp down with the supporting mods. I've seen higher. Hyde put down I think 375whp with wmi iirc... That's likely 350 on pump and that was with an ots apr tune

Has anyone determined if it's worth putting the forge actuator on a P&P k04 with 91 octane? I have one sitting at my desk with the stock actuator and have been debating for a while if the forge actuator makes sense on 91 pump gas (and would obviously like to do it before it's installed on the car).

There are so many mixed reviews about if it's actually worth it, I can't make up my mind. :(

UberFast

Ready to race!
Has anyone determined if it's worth putting the forge actuator on a P&P k04 with 91 octane? I have one sitting at my desk with the stock actuator and have been debating for a while if the forge actuator makes sense on 91 pump gas (and would obviously like to do it before it's installed on the car).

There are so many mixed reviews about if it's actually worth it, I can't make up my mind. :(
It's only worth it if you're having trouble with boost pressure overcoming the stock actuator spring. It's not going to gain you horsepower if you're not having issues holding boost. It will recover you some lost horsepower due to a weak factory spring that is leaking boost though. Since you haven't installed the turbo yet, if it were me and I did, I would go ahead and install the forge actuator just to be on the safe side. Alot easier to change it now rather than after you've installed the turbo. $180, why not?

jeez

Ready to race!
How's your car running jeez? You're finished with the protune aren't you?

Dealing with some timing up top. Between my schedule and Alex's it's harder to push out tunes every 2 days like we used to :lol:

PM me if you wish for numbers, it'd be interesting. Are we on similar mods?

Alex, how much psi can you give me if I get a tune with you with the forge WG? I'm peaking 23 and holding 20 to redline now on p&p k04 on stock WG.

Holding 20 to redline, that would be an indicator of a WGA doing its job to be honest. Maybe it's the P&P but 20 PSI at redline is good. Currently with high temps outside mine falls to ~18 at redline WITH the Forge actuator.

Make that 93. More PSI will induce more knock. If you're at the 91 limit now, my understanding is that whatever gains you make by upping the boost you'll have to retract via timing probably to avoid knock.

And, provided you have a leaky WG already, if you're not K04 you won't know lol, so just get it I guess? Via this thread I've learned that apparently WG pressure needs to be 1/2 of the desired boost. So say half of 24 PSI = 12 PSI spring (Forge Yellow). Question is whether the factory one you get meets that requirement.

I've said this before, there's another person with the exact same turbo as me, that's Alex's customer and Alex showed me logs of how his WGA was behaving properly. I presume that person never got a Forge WGA because he/she didn't need it.

Then again, as SC_MK6 said, it's $180. :23:

Damn you're making me wish I would have p&p my k04 before putting it on.

Same :(. Not worth to take it out of the car, send it, then back on...at least for me. Do we have an estimate of how much WHP does a P&P job give you over a regular K04?

Last edited:

Gino

Ready to race!
I can keep the thread posted on my journey, if it helps. Waiting on the first tune to come in. Going to be swapping in a 3bar map sensor to get the most out of the recent Cobb update. Have invested a lot into the car so I hope the tune makes the most of the investment come to life.

FriggenT1

Banned
Holding 20 to redline, that would be an indicator of a WGA doing its job to be honest. Maybe it's the P&P but 20 PSI at redline is good. Currently with high temps outside mine falls to ~18 at redline WITH the Forge actuator

My intercooler has very little pressure drop according to their site. I'd actually like it to peak a bit higher and taper more slowly tbh.

Laimface

Ready to race!
I can keep the thread posted on my journey, if it helps. Waiting on the first tune to come in. Going to be swapping in a 3bar map sensor to get the most out of the recent Cobb update. Have invested a lot into the car so I hope the tune makes the most of the investment come to life.

Might do this myself, even on my stock turbo the AP peaks out at 23psig (2.6 bar absolute) before it drops off like a cliff. Where do I source a 3 bar map sensor and does it need a revised map to utilise it?

UberFast

Ready to race!
Might do this myself, even on my stock turbo the AP peaks out at 23psig (2.6 bar absolute) before it drops off like a cliff. Where do I source a 3 bar map sensor and does it need a revised map to utilise it?
I bought a brand new bosch 3 bar map on ebay for $19. Just search eBay for it, you'll see where I bought it. It looks new anyway, I guess we'll see lol. Yes, you will need a revised tune to use the 3 bar map.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie

If you have it, I recommend putting it on and of course getting tuned for it.

The testing has been going very well this week. New tunes going out tomorrow with all the new features. Thank you everyone for your patience!

UberFast

Ready to race!

The testing has been going very well this week. New tunes going out tomorrow with all the new features. Thank you everyone for your patience!
Sweet! Can't wait!

FriggenT1

Banned

What are your thoughts that the ecu will adjust for the 10 psi spring? Considering that as long as it meets requested, wouldn't the n75 back itself down?

jon570

Ready to race!

Yes. Awesome. I will be ordering a tune monday or tuesday.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
If you are looking for a bit more power than a P&P K04 then I'd check out the M380H kit offered by Mabotech tuning. It seems to be a newer turbo kit but I understand it to be a modified IHI turbo; new wheels and P&P done to it. I'm not sure if Stratified Tuning would be able to tune it though; it would be a totally new turbo.

I have seen people push high 300's whp with it and I saw a dyno that made 407whp with a blend of E20/30.

http://mabotech.net/product/mabotech-m380h-turbocharger/