GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
I came home to a surprise my access port was at my doorsteps, i just flashed cobb stage 1 high boost to hold me over untill i get my stratified flash tune. Didn't have a lot to time to test cobb stage 1 high boost but my initial impression was damn this thing gets up now. I peeked around 16psi. Cant wait for my flash tune now [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Update:
So i thought id try the Vdyno on my cobb accessport and new to all this so i tried my best to understand it. But I went with the following settings
Dyno vehicle weight:3350
Dyno gear test: 3rd
Dyno start rpm: 2000
Dyno end rpm: 7000

I did about 3 runs and only took a photo of one which was

The first run was estimated around 236hp/230tq
The second was 248hp/300tq
The 3rd was just ridiculous just look

Any tips to try and achieve a result that would be close to an actual dyno?

I also did a 0-60 time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I came home to a surprise my access port was at my doorsteps, i just flashed cobb stage 1 high boost to hold me over untill i get my stratified flash tune. Didn't have a lot to time to test cobb stage 1 high boost but my initial impression was damn this thing gets up now. I peeked around 16psi. Cant wait for my flash tune now [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Update:
So i thought id try the Vdyno on my cobb accessport and new to all this so i tried my best to understand it. But I went with the following settings
Dyno vehicle weight:3350
Dyno gear test: 3rd
Dyno start rpm: 2000
Dyno end rpm: 7000

I did about 3 runs and only took a photo of one which was

The first run was estimated around 236hp/230tq
The second was 248hp/300tq
The 3rd was just ridiculous just look

Any tips to try and achieve a result that would be close to an actual dyno?

I also did a 0-60 time

that first dyno run looks the closest to a cobb ots map numbers

pcfoo

Passed Driver's Ed
Meh, I get the same all-over-the-place "Dyno" reports from my AP too...Is it me or Torque App is more consistent?

But my 0-60 is also low 6.1s without messing with launch control (have DSG) despite feeling much more wheel-spin & torque steer over stock. Would be .5 sec higher before.
I have cheap "Dealer" tires on still.

Btw, took it for a fun spin yesterday early morning: Old Topanga Canyon Rd > Mulholland Hwy > Saddle Peak > Mulholland Hwy > Latigo.

All-season Ohtsu FP7000 were squealing like nuts complaining at the abuse but held up OK @ big picture. Brakes were ok downhill too.

S-Tune @ 91 made the car very willing, even when I was caught a gear up.

Laimface

Ready to race!
Meh, I get the same all-over-the-place "Dyno" reports from my AP too...Is it me or Torque App is more consistent?

But my 0-60 is also low 6.1s without messing with launch control (have DSG) despite feeling much more wheel-spin & torque steer over stock. Would be .5 sec higher before.

Btw, took it for a fun spin yesterday early morning: Old Topanga Canyon Rd > Mulholland Hwy > Saddle Peak > Mulholland Hwy > Latigo.

All-season Ohtsu FP7000 were squealing like nuts complaining at the abuse but held up OK @ big picture. Brakes were ok downhill too.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 or 4S, unreal grip.

pcfoo

Passed Driver's Ed
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 or 4S, unreal grip.

I know...but those Ohtsu were brand new when I got the car 1,600 miles ago...
I will go for PSS or PS4S probably after I run them down a bit...;)

And with my crazy fun canyon mate...

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
if i wanted a stage 1 and stage 2 flash from you guys is there a way to do it from the buying the access-port page with the tune.. or would i do that and then purchase a separate flash tune?

tkelly0727

Ready to race!

I also have the DSG and i get crazy wheel spin also. I have just the 034 motorsport insert and i have kumo ecsta pa31. I either need new motor/trans mounts or better tired [emoji23].

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
if i wanted a stage 1 and stage 2 flash from you guys is there a way to do it from the buying the access-port page with the tune.. or would i do that and then purchase a separate flash tune?

I believe it is only one flash tune, ether stage one or two. The other flash tune would have to be purchased.

pcfoo

Passed Driver's Ed
I also have the DSG and i get crazy wheel spin also. I have just the 034 motorsport insert and i have kumo ecsta pa31. I either need new motor/trans mounts or better tired [emoji23].

Hesitant to go for Neuspeed/034 insert, further more for full-on mounts / dogbone upgrade...

I actually like that the GTI is not that hardcore, and I think with a Stage 1 tune it can still put down its power pretty well for a open diff FWD. I know that many in these forums have transformed their's into 400HP monstas and still daily them for many miles, but...

Myself I'd rather get a Miata or MR2 to strip down and be extreme with a few times a year than suffer with daily, as is the case with the M edition Miata pictured above... (plz don' ban me for this).

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie

We actually build the tunes based on the modifications to order. Basically we build the tune up based on the modifications list you submit. So if you add modifications after you purchase the flash tune you can get a flash tune mod update.

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=209_219&products_id=673

Wheel hop has a lot more to do with tires and suspension versus the rear motor mount. You can reduce some of it with a full set of mounts but that transmit a lot of NVH. I find that for most people an insert is sufficient for a nice compromised between comfort and a direct feeling to the drive experience.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Wheel hop has a lot more to do with tires and suspension versus the rear motor mount. You can reduce some of it with a full set of mounts but that transmit a lot of NVH. I find that for most people an insert is sufficient for a nice compromised between comfort and a direct feeling to the drive experience.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the information, im looking to get better tires in a few months. As for suspension i have the koni sport paired with h&r springs. Ive got it adjusted a a turn and a half from full still in the front and half turn from full still in the rear. I might adjust the front to only one full turn from stiff.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Hesitant to go for Neuspeed/034 insert, further more for full-on mounts / dogbone upgrade...

I actually like that the GTI is not that hardcore, and I think with a Stage 1 tune it can still put down its power pretty well for a open diff FWD. I know that many in these forums have transformed their's into 400HP monstas and still daily them for many miles, but...

Myself I'd rather get a Miata or MR2 to strip down and be extreme with a few times a year than suffer with daily, as is the case with the M edition Miata pictured above... (plz don' ban me for this).

I was also hesitant for the insert but i got a good deal on a 034 motorsport insert. For stock tune it definitely put more power to the wheels and virtually eliminated wheel hop. But I definitely need better tires for the stratified etune im getting sometime this week.
Yeah personally i love the mr2 their such awesome cars and a wide variety of modding options.

Last edited:

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Wheel hop has a lot more to do with tires and suspension versus the rear motor mount. You can reduce some of it with a full set of mounts but that transmit a lot of NVH. I find that for most people an insert is sufficient for a nice compromised between comfort and a direct feeling to the drive experience.

Thank you for the information, im looking to get better tires in a few months. As for suspension i have the koni sport paired with h&r springs. Ive got it adjusted a a turn and a half from full still in the front and half turn from full still in the rear. I might adjust the front to only one full turn from stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I found wheel hop disappeared almost entirely with an insert and 034 street density mounts. This is from my own experience. I also have SuperPro control arms now and wheel hop has gone entirely.

Kody_Morse

I bought a tune today!
Really hoping to get rid of the terrible 2nd to 3rd gear shifts on quarter throttle that I'm getting with Cobbs 1+ with their big SF intake... completely kills the comfort of the GTI when your just trying to cruise. And then the random stutters at cruise with no light, all of which goes away on a different tune.

I'll update when I get my tune whether or. It the "crackles" are worth getting on a stock exhaust. I suspect they wont be noticeable, but what's $10?

Ive learned a boat load from Alex at Stratified so I've got high hopes that it translates into a nice tune.

Update: dammmmmmmmn.
I received my tune in like an hour, and the difference over Cobbs 1+ is substantial, the low end torque is very welcomed when turning and getting into a gear, it caught me off guard the first few times.

The mid and upper range has a bigger sense of urgency and although I feel I need to data log and have Stratified adjust, the boost hangs out around 22.9 at WOT for around 2-4 seconds, while Torque is only around 243, versus a lower boost of 17-20 and a higher torque of 277 on Cobbs 1+

The shifting stutters felt with 1+ are completely gone and my gear shifts are very precise and responsive.

My knock ret is back within normal limits on heavy throttle as well.

The only down side and it's not much of one at all, is that with the stock exhaust, the LEC (Loud Exhaust Crackles) are non existent, like not even a little bit. Stratified even tells you that at the minimum a downpipe is suggested.

Last edited:

urbanevil

Ready to race!
I bought a tune today!
Really hoping to get rid of the terrible 2nd to 3rd gear shifts on quarter throttle that I'm getting with Cobbs 1+ with their big SF intake... completely kills the comfort of the GTI when your just trying to cruise. And then the random stutters at cruise with no light, all of which goes away on a different tune.

I'll update when I get my tune whether or. It the "crackles" are worth getting on a stock exhaust. I suspect they wont be noticeable, but what's $10?

Ive learned a boat load from Alex at Stratified so I've got high hopes that it translates into a nice tune.

I will saying going from Uni stage 2 --> Stratified, driveability was greatly improved. It was such linear power, and super smooth. I would be interested to see what you think once its all done.