GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subaru BRZ Coupe Review by C&D (brother to the Scion FR-S)

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion

pressure drop

Ready to race!
LOL this is insane. Every single review I've seen has jaded auto journalists completely on its nuts like its the second coming of Jesus. And in every objective head to head comparison with other cars, it is completely outclassed. But it wins the comparison anyway because of "driving dynamics" and "balance".

Of course, the GTI was winning these comparisons against mechanically superior/faster cars too based on intangibles and feel. So I will keep an open mind.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNUL9eQO5Q0&feature=player_embedded

1:33.5 is slower than the time Evo tested for MK6 GTI(1:32.4)....I wonder if the 6MT will be faster?

Evo also added a Edition 35 GTI in the long term fleet, wonder what they will do with that...

WTF is the deal with reviewers who are going to be hitting the track getting automatic transmission versions of this car? I know it's not their choice, so why is the manufacturer giving them that version? :confused:

It's not like it's a DSG where it's a faster transmission or something. It's just an automatic with a torque converter that has paddles.

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
WTF is the deal with reviewers who are going to be hitting the track getting automatic transmission versions of this car? I know it's not their choice, so why is the manufacturer giving them that version? :confused:

It's not like it's a DSG where it's a faster transmission or something. It's just an automatic with a torque converter that has paddles.

Not sure....from the last video though they also mentioned they were the first UK mag to have a BRZ in UK. Maybe that's all they could get at the time...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
watching it now....

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
Conceivable to get this in the paddle shifting automatic Flavor?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yes, read the thread/articles, etc.