Passed Driver's Ed
I installed this.......
DieselGeek SSK

In this.......
2010 Golf Wagon

My girlfriend did this.....

$5300 in damage.

So now I am doing this......

(not my picture MK6spDiesels picture...hope you don't mind me using it for reference)

SethProSTX

Ready to race!
Nice wagon, nicer GTI front. i want to do that so bad, just cant convince myself to pay for it yet with tuition coming up soon.

lemarin

Ready to race!
I'm wondering how much cost the rear GTI bumper ? I still have the Votex rear lip missing, and it cost over 1000$ US including shipping, it might be cheaper to directly buy the GTI rear bumper instead !

ksing44

Ready to race!
Here's some updated pictures from this afternoon (sorry for the rain). I've add the OEM sport suspension (Eibach spring made for VW) which dropped my Golf by 1.3" on all 4 corners.

Hi lemarin,

Do you think you could measure your car from the ground to the fender lip at all four corners? I'm thinking about getting the VW/Eibach springs like you and am trying to get a better feeling about how my car will look after the installation. I know you indicated how much lower your car is, but honestly it looks like your Canadian TDI in OEM form might have started out higher than my US version. I think the final ride height might be a better indicator for what I might expect for a ride height.

My US 4-door Golf TDI is currently 26" inches at all four corners. A fellow with a 4-door GTI measured about 25 3/8" to 25 1/2" at all four corners after he installed the same VW/Eibach springs. His car looks very similar to yours, in terms of the final ride height. There was also a 2-door GTI that ended up with a rake from front to rear. The front was 25.5", but the rear was almost 26". That difference could be from the slight difference in the weight of the cars and/or the fact that the 2-door actually has a different part number for the springs. There was also a little conversation about the slightly firmer shocks on the GTI propping up the suspension just the slightest amount, so that the TDI actually ends up a little lower than a GTI.

Anyway, measurements for your car would be greatly appreciated!!! :thumbsup:

KaiSTrikes_MKVI

Ready to race!
Hi lemarin,

Do you think you could measure your car from the ground to the fender lip at all four corners? I'm thinking about getting the VW/Eibach springs like you and am trying to get a better feeling about how my car will look after the installation. I know you indicated how much lower your car is, but honestly it looks like your Canadian TDI in OEM form might have started out higher than my US version. I think the final ride height might be a better indicator for what I might expect for a ride height.

My US 4-door Golf TDI is currently 26" inches at all four corners. A fellow with a 4-door GTI measured about 25 3/8" to 25 1/2" at all four corners after he installed the same VW/Eibach springs. His car looks very similar to yours, in terms of the final ride height. There was also a 2-door GTI that ended up with a rake from front to rear. The front was 25.5", but the rear was almost 26". That difference could be from the slight difference in the weight of the cars and/or the fact that the 2-door actually has a different part number for the springs. There was also a little conversation about the slightly firmer shocks on the GTI propping up the suspension just the slightest amount, so that the TDI actually ends up a little lower than a GTI.

PIc when u has it ... my ride still on stock suspension too ...
MY only issue is even tho I am on stock suspension my car is loaded
down with 5 people .. my tires tend to RUB ... while its not extensive the SOUND is quite nerve racking ....

So I am wondering if a LOWER suspension set up will be more FIRM/strong enough ... :iono:

lemarin

Ready to race!
Hi lemarin,

Sorry about the deay, I forgot about this thread:

Right now, on my Golf, I still have the drop with Eibach (OEM VW spring) but I'm wearing 205/55R16 Nokian winter tires, so it might me slightly lower due to these tires:

Front: 24 ¾" from the ground to the top fender

Rear: 25 ½"

Hope this help....

ksing44

Ready to race!
Sorry about the deay, I forgot about this thread:

Hey, you can't forget about us!

Right now, on my Golf, I still have the drop with Eibach (OEM VW spring) but I'm wearing 205/55R16 Nokian winter tires, so it might me slightly lower due to these tires:

Front: 24 ¾" from the ground to the top fender

Rear: 25 ½"

Thank you for the measurements. There is another thread now that has gone over and over this, but it is nice to get another measurement from you even if you are wearing different tires.

Thanks again.