GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The dangers of increasing GTI turbo-boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

tippah1

Ready to race!
Or spend a few thousand on the ea888 and give it forged internals.. The block isnt weak its the Pistons-rings and rods and rod bolts. Easy fix but if you dont want to chip your car dont..... No point in arguing with people that are going to do it anyway.

Its all personal choice

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Holy thread bump batman!

I think the OP has moved onto another forum, not too many people around here took kindly to his input.

haha....true.
You know I found this thread during a search for something about mounts lol. Didn't realize even how old it was but just had to reply obviously.:thumbsup:

ckcspice

i have been reading this thread form the 1st post...i just cant help but notice how many times this dude has repeated the same s**t over n over again...guess he's making full use of the copy n paste function eh??...

I don't have to do anything nor will I post anything further on this subject.

VW/Audi doesn't use the EA888 (current GTI engine) for ANY of their high performance 2.0T applications. Instead it uses the older (EA113) engine with a host of mechanical upgrades:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_petrol_engines#2.0_TFSI_125-210kW

"The 169 kW (227 HP) and higher versions have stronger pistons and gudgeon pins, new rings, reinforced connecting rods, new bearings, reinforced cylinder block at the main bearing pedestals and cap, new lightweight aluminium-silicon alloy cylinder head...NOT shared with the lower output variants."

The C&D articles on the '10 VW Golf R explains why that is so.

You're free to modify your car in any way you like.

If you're going to modify it I'd recommend APR, since they're clearly the leader in that particular segment. Modify it to any stage you prefer. Maybe you can try some nitrous with it, too.

As for me, I'll buy a faster car when if/when I decide that I want one again. For the time being, my stock GTI (complete with the full factory warranty) works fine for me.

In time you will see VW/Audi release higher output versions of the EA888 and they'll include upgraded mechanical components. But those changes will be reported in CAR AND DRIVER, etc. here in the US, so you might as well simply ignore them.

upgrad3

Ready to race!
lulz!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, I'm actually in the office today and this thread has kept me entertained for a long fucking time! Thank you to all who have participated :clap:

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
i have faith in APR. I'll trust them before I trust wikipedia. But OP you should go get an EVO or STI if your so worried about your engine blowing up...oh wait! you have to sleeve the whole engine in the EVO and STI cause their an all aluminum engine and can't handle a bunch of power either.

On a side note, who makes piston heads, rings, etc for the mk6? All ive seen are rods made for us.

ghotch

MKVI Owner
So what's the Golf R going to have in it?

whalesalad

Ready to race!
I beat the living shit out of my GTI. Knock on wood I haven't had any issues yet. APR Stage II. I love to drive it hard. Having some slight o2 sensor issues right now but aside from that she's balls quick and hasn't given me any grief.

I'd rather enjoy my car than sit around wondering how much fun it could be with bolt ons and a flash. If I blow something up down the road, fuck it. I'll replace it. This thing is pretty tough though. <3

jasunto

Ready to race!
I beat the living shit out of my GTI. Knock on wood I haven't had any issues yet. APR Stage II. I love to drive it hard. Having some slight o2 sensor issues right now but aside from that she's balls quick and hasn't given me any grief.

I'd rather enjoy my car than sit around wondering how much fun it could be with bolt ons and a flash. If I blow something up down the road, fuck it. I'll replace it. This thing is pretty tough though. <3

amen brother, if i crank my gti up and have an issue, i will fix it, non so far and i am happy!!!

RealX

Passed Driver's Ed
What do u guys think about ABT stage I flash which offers 260hp or stage II - 300hp and it still maintains official VW warranty...?

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
More entertaining than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.