GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
So when time passes the car is suddenly capable of far more power than before? In 10 more years they are likely to get 300whp on a stage 1 tune!!!

Possibly you idiot, they up the power with a new file. It's this thing called mapping, they change parameters in the ecu to extract more power. They call each one a version. The new one is version # 2. Just like my ko4 file, version 2 has more power. If this concept is to much for you tiny brain to comprehend I can't help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
So when time passes the car is suddenly capable of far more power than before? In 10 more years they are likely to get 300whp on a stage 1 tune!!!

I sense much butt hurt in you.

They changed their tune, it makes a bit more power now and a decent amount more torque.

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Possibly you idiot, they up the power with a new file. It's this thing called mapping, they change parameters in the ecu to extract more power. They call each one a version. The new one is version # 2. Just like my ko4 file, version 2 has more power. If this concept is to much for you tiny brain to comprehend I can't help you.

Wow it looks like the APR fanboy rage has been unleashed!!! :bellyroll: Jumping right to insults is a great way to get your point across. I fully understand that they are able to refine and better a tune over time but the fact that you think they were able to massively increase power over the previous 100 octane tune just proves that you are a fanboy. lol

SirClimax

Ready to race!
I sense much butt hurt in you.

They changed their tune, it makes a bit more power now and a decent amount more torque.

Far from butt hurt. I have nothing invested into any of this lol. Obviously over time they were able to refine the tune making it smoother and stronger but the belief that they make way more power now on 93 octane than they did previously on 100 octane is foolish

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
I do see around 300whp coming on a K03 (Possibly port and polished) on E85 or 100 octane in the near future, of course this would be with full bolt ons (Intake, Intercooler, TOP, Chargepipe, Downpipe, catback. With the Accessport and custom tunes anything is possible within reason, For instance The Giac Clutchbuster file (e40 mix of e85):

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92460

350 wtrq and 272whp on an OTS tune is pretty crazy, custom tuning for more E85 with upgraded fueling or meth could yield greater results. Hell I'll try if someone wants to sponsor me :happyanim::lol:

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
Got my ass handed to me by an mk7 GTI. Must have been an is38 or stage 3 because it blew my fucking doors off. Wasn't expecting that, ko4 for the loss [emoji45].

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
so last night the 400 was clogged as per usual and I jumped onto Hwy27 to get home. Easy right? I noticed this Sonata was taking off at the lights like a bat out of hell like wtf? No one was challenging him he was just rushing off. Looked like a 2016 or "17, Never really paid them any mind. Good lines and I think they've come a long way.

I suspected that he either had some sort of paddle shifters or he re-engaged the cruise control using the resume feature to take off so quick. No screeching tires or anything just zoom.

So naaaaturally i'm curious. I may have sped up a little to wait for the opportune moment when we're side by side @ Hwy 7. advance green. Then our turn. I gassed a bit to see if he'd bite and even though he wasn't at the line and was starting off slower than he had before...he bit. Soon as I saw his front end dip i punched it. Me being stage 1, on AS/3 and it's a mild night means my whole front end felt like some one was banging on it as the tires fought for traction. I already had the traction control off (yea right) and it didn't feel like the tires were slipping just a banging noise. Guess I need better mounts.

I prayed the dogmount wouldn't snap and shifted 2nd 3rd ...where the heck is he? I was gone and he was on my rear bumper. I thought it'd be a lot quicker. Not like I had a monster lead on him but I left him there. He seemed to try to catch me but I wasn't in the mood. 4th and i was at 110 km/h so i just kinda cruised and kept him at a distance whenever he thought to test his gas pedal again.

Still liked the look of the car but it's no Audi.

CHerna

Ready to race!
This one happened a month or so ago.

Driving down a boulevard that eventually turns into a highway. As I'm driving along, I spot a shiny, new WRX. I catch up to him to see if I can pickle him into some pulls. After a couple tries, no bite. I don't blame him. Area is known for speed traps.

Finally, the boulevard turns into highway, and I get up to highway speed. He catches up, and matches my speed next to me. He punches it, dropped down to third and punch it. We were pretty neck and neck to ~80 MPH, then I began to pull a little. Like a bumper or so. We had to shut it down due to traffic.

I was pretty proud of my stock GTI. :thumbup:

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
My buddy gave me a ride in his new car with a 1xx pull and the car being straight piped, flew by a cop hiding and the lights where knocking up behind us. Needless to say he didn't even get a warning and how he wasn't cuffed or had a court date with a 800$ ticket is still beyond me.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Had a race from 60 with an e46 m3. I pulled 3+ car lengths by 90 and shut it down.

Disanto7389

Passed Driver's Ed
What is with trucks trying to race us?? Lmao. My friend tried racing me in his 2010 chevy avalanche. I forget the trim, but its the highest one they make. He talked mad shit cause he has close to 400 hp. Well as im sure you all know, he got raped, and hasnt reved at me since. Hahah

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
What is with trucks trying to race us?? Lmao. My friend tried racing me in his 2010 chevy avalanche. I forget the trim, but its the highest one they make. He talked mad shit cause he has close to 400 hp. Well as im sure you all know, he got raped, and hasnt reved at me since. Hahah

Holy sh*t trucks to race all the time, my friend has an ecoboost f150 and even though that thing moves for a truck it's still not quick enough to talk trash, a lot of lifted Jeeps do the same too

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Holy sh*t trucks to race all the time, my friend has an ecoboost f150 and even though that thing moves for a truck it's still not quick enough to talk trash, a lot of lifted Jeeps do the same too

A brand new tundra got pissed the other day after I passed him on the backroad, then he tailgated me and tried to pass me lol [emoji23]

I waited for him to get beside me then I went WOT, needless to say he stayed behind me through the rest of the route [emoji23]