GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Driver Gear/VWR Spring Thread

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Would these work on a 2 door as well? I wouldn't think there would be much of a difference

dustinwark

Miesian
after pictures?......jk

RPS99SHO

Ready to race!
Would these work on a 2 door as well? I wouldn't think there would be much of a difference

Yep.

Mine are going in soon!

Thanks for the mouth-watering pics!

~ Roman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion

OK, my bad, this is a little higher, but still reduces the gap and looks good.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

Yeah...you would need either:

5K3-071-677-A -- AUTO or MANUAL 2.5, MANUAL TDI, MANUAL GTI, 2 DOOR
or
5K3-071-677-B -- DSG TDI, DSG GTI, 2 DOOR

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Stupid question, but why would VW list these as a TDI Golf part and not list it for the GTI? I wonder if the spring rate is different?

RPS99SHO

Ready to race!
Stupid question, but why would VW list these as a TDI Golf part and not list it for the GTI? I wonder if the spring rate is different?

Stock TDI springs are different than stock gti springs. The gti sits a hair lower. The advertised drop for the TDI is different than it would be for the gti.

~ Roman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

Because they are for the Golf and the TDI...not the GTI. BUT they do fit the GTI though

Also....like RPS99SHO said, they don't drop the GTI as much as the claimed drop for the TDI & Golf

jaydubz

Because they are for the Golf and the TDI...not the GTI. BUT they do fit the GTI though

Also....like RPS99SHO said, they don't drop the GTI as much as the claimed drop for the TDI & Golf

Thank you for the information guys. Its a bummer though. I would like a set of lowering springs, but even the Eibach pro kit springs are a bit too low. I wish there was an option made to work in conjunction with the GTIs stock shocks while lowering the height by 0.50" to 0.75".

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Thank you for the information guys. Its a bummer though. I would like a set of lowering springs, but even the Eibach pro kit springs are a bit too low. I wish there was an option made to work in conjunction with the GTIs stock shocks while lowering the height by 0.50" to 0.75".

Read the post carefully. If you want .5 to .75" drop then the Driver Gear Eibach springs looks about as close to that as you'll find. The Pro-Kit Eibach's look quite a bit lower.

Dan, how does the ride of the Driver Gear Eibach's compare to the Pro-Kits? I've always had progressive springs on previous cars. Curious how the linear springs feel in comparison. Are the spring rates similar between the 2 springs? I love the idea of keeping it OEM and under warranty.

jaydubz

Read the post carefully. If you want .5 to .75" drop then the Driver Gear Eibach springs looks about as close to that as you'll find. The Pro-Kit Eibach's look quite a bit lower.

Dan, how does the ride of the Driver Gear Eibach's compare to the Pro-Kits? I've always had progressive springs on previous cars. Curious how the linear springs feel in comparison. Are the spring rates similar between the 2 springs? I love the idea of keeping it OEM and under warranty.

thank you for clearing that up, it was not very clear on the ECS website.

I am curious why a linear spring would have been used as opposed to a progressive. Based on some of the information I am finding it seems like progressive springs offer a softer ride where as the linear springs offer a stiffer ride with less body roll.

Brian@Mooreparts

Passed Driver's Ed
I should be able to get my hands on these from the dealer, with possibly a good deal.

PM me if interested I can ship or you can pick up.

thanks!