GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*The Official What Ive Done To My GTI So Far Thread*

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
i took the front wheels off my car out in the parking lot. too much to explain, i'll do it myself. i wouldnt trust them with my car.

-dont use air tools on the bolts
-carefully grab the wheel and pull out so you dont bang it on the caliper
-now the rotors are from a merc gl450 so the rotor set screw hole doesnt line up so the rotor moves around. make sure the lug bolt holes are lined up before putting wheel back on
-use torque wrench to tighten bolts
-make sure the both hub rings (rotor and wheel) are seated correctly before putting wheel on

ugh tuned cars are too much work

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Can you comment on the k04 with the neuspeed fmic? I was considering intercoolers but I wasn't sure if the neuspeed would be enough to combat summer heat with the k04.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Can you comment on the k04 with the neuspeed fmic? I was considering intercoolers but I wasn't sure if the neuspeed would be enough to combat summer heat with the k04.

i have yet to drive it in the summer heat, but it has been up in the 80's just recently. also ive never used an apr ic or similar so i cant compare the neuspeed to them. my experience with the neuspeed ic has been great, the build quality and ease of install is definitely worth it. one lesson ive learned is when it comes to ic's you want to get it right the first time. dont buy the cheap ebay crap. some people love them and get good results and some dont. the fact that this is a true front mount that is soaking up fresh air helps allot. i have a p3 gauge so i can monitor the intake temps, as long as im accelerating the intake temps drop. the ko4 does make a vast amount of heat which cooks the engine bay. a turbo blanket would help allot. maybe i'll get that someday. i dont have any logs of this ic, i think allset or wetmoney has some logs in the neuspeed ic threads. im glad i settled for a solid ic that was worth the money, i wont have to get another one down the road. my car does struggle a little in the searing heat though, the engine loves the cooler air though. sometimes theres not much we can do about the heat.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the info. I am trying to do all this research before I pull the trigger. But then I think you can over think it you know. Logs and such are the concrete so I will look for them.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Crap! I'm fully lowered in the front and the other day went over a stupidly made speed bump and heard the most unpleasant sound ever :(

How low are you now?

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Crap! I'm fully lowered in the front and the other day went over a stupidly made speed bump and heard the most unpleasant sound ever :(

How low are you now?
im not too low. i notice that sound when i corner very hard. idk maybe my strut is bad and not rebounding properly which allows the cv shaft to hit the frame.:iono:

i also get weird creaky sounds when i brake really hard, i suppose it puts allot of force on the whole front of the car like the coils,suspension,subframe and so on.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
What size are your rotors? and also you got the 6 piston brakes? I'm looking into the 6 piston with 352mm rotors but I'm sure that I will have issues with trying to run 18's

350 mm rotors with cayenne 18z 6 piston calipers

Tapatalk wrote this