GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Wish I was, love Chicago, but its about an 8 hour drive. I will watch some videos on how to do it. But I haven't done much work on cars before and didn't want to mess up something so vital. There are no European garages around here. And the only VW dealership is 1 1/2 hours away and very bad. Kind of screws me on options. I am just worried that if I bring it in and they see the wrong software on it the will overwrite it.

They will most likely flash the car back to stock, but you can just take it back to your tuner and have them load the tune back on. They should only charge you labor, if anything.

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
They will most likely flash the car back to stock, but you can just take it back to your tuner and have them load the tune back on. They should only charge you labor, if anything.

That's what I was affraid of. It has a unitronic tune. I bought it like that, didn't do it myself. So while I can get the tune registered to my name, the closest uni dealer is 8 hours away. Ugh..... I hate where I live.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
That's what I was affraid of. It has a unitronic tune. I bought it like that, didn't do it myself. So while I can get the tune registered to my name, the closest uni dealer is 8 hours away. Ugh..... I hate where I live.

Tell them not to do software updates then. If they do, raise hell lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
$150, not too bad. Does that include the software or do you have to pay for each tune you download? Would be afraid of messing it up, and being 8 hours from someone who could fix it. :)

You'd probably have to register the tune under your name to be able to flash your car. I'm not 100% sure, I didn't have Uni.

Give them a call they'll be able to set you up.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
They will most likely flash the car back to stock

Why would they be reflashing the car for a DSG fluid change?
(I don't think so)

If there was an open recall, that required a flash, that's a different story. But he could decline it and/or ask them ahead of time if there were any

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I have a 13 and the dealer said my car has none of the red flagged issues that were common on the previous model years of the MK6.

The dealer lied. water pumps will still go bad even with the revisions they put out there. nothing is bulletproof and it all comes down to luck and how you maintain your car.

webbry4

Ready to race!
So this conversation raises a question for me. I got a letter in the mail on the open recall for ignition switch when I get this done will my vagcom tweaks be reset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk