GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
So does anyone have any experience buying color matched spray paint online? and from which company if it was good.. I have a carbon steel gray mk6 and I know the code is LA9W but just wondering if anyone has a company they recommend buying from.. want to color match my rear reflectors below the LED's cause I just got new LED dark tails and just take off the tint on my side markers and paint those as well.

scratch wizard was pretty good.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Last edited:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Alright thanks I'll try replacing the gas cap first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where does one source a gas cap? Same situation as you lol. Every time I fill up my car might or might not shut off the first time running since the full up.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Where does one source a gas cap? Same situation as you lol. Every time I fill up my car might or might not shut off the first time running since the full up.

Might be fairly universal. I lost a gas cap on my mk4 and the dealer wanted like $50 for a new one so I drove to advanced and bought one for $8.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
ok - ive read multiple thread saying that just replacing the gas cap, a far cheaper option, is the fix for this code sometimes.

here;s a DIY from golf mkv: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119267

i stand corrected. the N80 valve itself it cheaper than a replacement OEM gas cap... but i imagine there are lines that need to be replaced as well so that may push the cost above the replacement cap.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Why not? I mean look at how silver it is. Plus it's got a B on it. I bet that stands for Baller!!