GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking about trading in my mk5 for a mk6

BadGTI

Ready to race!
I am thinking about making the jump like the title says. I have a '07 GTI (FSI) with 34xxx miles on it. I am looking at a couple Carbon Steel GTI's. My question is what are some of the deals other FL people are getting lately. Help a fellow dubber get the best price.

On a side note does anyone regret trading a mk5 for a mk6? I like that they come with the TSI, but the front end is still growing one me. Plus a local VW dealer is doing lifetime power-train warranty.

Also has there been any issues with the mk6 I should know about?
Pics for Clicks​

Last edited:

Mudkicker

Ready to race!
i came from a MK5 Rabbit, i could be wrong but it seems like the doors on the MK5 felt heavier and more solid...not 100% sure though, just "seems" that way.

Johnny

I'm Here for the Gangbang
I've mildly considered this as well. Besides the switch from FSI to TSI, subjective looks, and newer car; what is the gain of moving from the mk5 to mk6?

BadGTI

Ready to race!
I've mildly considered this as well. Besides the switch from FSI to TSI, subjective looks, and newer car; what is the gain of moving from the mk5 to mk6?

One factor for me is that a local dealer can get me into one for the same payment as my mkv for for a lesser term with a lifetime powertrain warranty.....the only "hicup" being I just bought a house so Idk about my credit.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
One factor for me is that a local dealer can get me into one for the same payment as my mkv for for a lesser term with a lifetime powertrain warranty.....the only "hicup" being I just bought a house so Idk about my credit.

Its much better to have bought the house prior to the car. If anything, since you're a homeowner you're in a more favorable loan category given you have an asset. Your credit should be fine.

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
Are you having any issues with your car?

The TSI is trouble free...I have an 09 and I've had no issues with it. :w00t:

BadGTI

Ready to race!
Are you having any issues with your car?

The TSI is trouble free...I have an 09 and I've had no issues with it. :w00t:

not having any issues. Just have a wondering eye I guess. Gettin tired of having black cars, I had a '06 mkV GTI and now a '07 GTI and '07 GLI, all BMP. I'm was thinking of trading in for a mkV UG GTI with a TSI, then I figured might as well go for a carbon steel mkVI....but I might just be keeping my GTI unless I can sway my wife. lol

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
i came from a MK5 Rabbit, i could be wrong but it seems like the doors on the MK5 felt heavier and more solid...not 100% sure though, just "seems" that way.

Yeah I'm coming from an MKV GTI and I thought the doors on the MK6 felt/sounded more solid(like my B6 A4) when you open and close them but clearly they are inferior in every way. Well except the shaved moldings.

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
A friend of mine told me the guys who are real good can get it in there like that. I wonder if it stays solid like that or if it's prone to lifting in the long run in those bubbly spots.

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
Haha!

Never heard of that actually, makes sense though. If I were considering tints I would do whatever it took to get it smooth like that.

P

plac

my 2009 GTI was solid. i liked it just as much or more than my 2010. but i preferred the MK5 body..

I had an 07 GTI 6 sp manual. Traded in for a 2010 GTI. I don't regret it one bit.

I loved my 07, I love my mk6 even more because it speaks to me more when I drive.

The steering is more communicative, the car is more stable at high speed, the car is quieter, the engine sounds rortier overall, the car takes off better off the line than the 07, the handling at the limit is more reassuring and the looks, although subjective, will age better than the 07.

Also, the interior is a whole step above the 07s, not in material, but in design. I have the dynaudio so I'm skewered, but the sound system in the 2010 is amazing. The seating position and the steering column is also better positioned. In my old 07, I kept slamming my knee at the bottom of the column. Not so in the 2010.

You'll love the 2010. It may only be 10% better than an 06-09, but that 10% pushes love for the car, into frickin marriage.