GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking of running Rota Grids...

BrandNew1

Ready to race!
I really, really like Volk TE37's, but being a student working part time, I'll never be able to afford them. Because of this, I've come to Rota Grid's. Yes, they're fake, yes they're cast, but I'm not too worried as long as they don't blow up while I'm driving. I'm not a "Fuck your fake wheels" guy. So here are my questions.

1. They are 5x114.3. Would the easiest solution be to simply run wobble bolts? I've been reading and it seems like that will work, but wouldn't the holes on the rims and hub still not match up? I know I'm missing something here, I'm just not sure what. I haven't read into adapters at all, but wouldn't they throw the offset way off?

2. I will need hub centric rings, correct? To convert our car's 57.1mm hub to the Grid's 73mm hub bore.

3. The 44mm offset will be fine, right?

I will be on FK Streetlines with these wheels.

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply.

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
wobble bolts will align the holes, thats why they are called wobble bolts.

their is nothing scary with them, i have had friends drive 1000's of miles on them without a issue.

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
Thinking the same thing, i was kicking the idea around but wasnt shore about the centerbore and the offset

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

mark_seis_jsw

Ready to race!
Since our cars are hubcentric I would have no issue running wobble bolts, all the bolts are doing is holding that wheel onto the hub. That's why hub rings are important, also fuck your wheels bro ; )

JhnR

Banned
get wobble bolts. Get hub rings and you'll be golden. Those wheels are nice in that 44 offset. What color are you going with?

BrandNew1

Ready to race!
Thanks for the help guys. I'll be getting them in the bronze finish, 18x8.5. I should be ordering them within the week, but sadly with our awful winters here in Edmonton they won't be going on till March or April, although I'm sure I'll throw 'em on for a photoshoot, even though I won't be lowered till the spring. :( I think the bronze finish will look great with CSG.

Also, is safe to take your car to the drag strip while running wobble bolts?

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
yeah it's safe to drag with wobble bolts. hell, Russ had wobble bolts AND stretched tires and was ripping the smokey mountain twisties apart with no problem despite me leaving grab marks on every thing i could grasp in his car haha

what's the wheel width on those? 44mm offset is generally a very mild offset unless of course you're running wheels 9" or wider.

*edit* just saw Russ' post, you wouldn't risk it in a straight line run and stil did several 145mph pulls with them?

hypocrite! haha

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
yeah it's safe to drag with wobble bolts. hell, Russ had wobble bolts AND stretched tires and was ripping the smokey mountain twisties apart with no problem despite me leaving grab marks on every thing i could grasp in his car haha

what's the wheel width on those? 44mm offset is generally a very mild offset unless of course you're running wheels 9" or wider.

*edit* just saw Russ' post, you wouldn't risk it in a straight line run and stil did several 145mph pulls with them?

hypocrite! haha

lol yeah i tell people not to drag/track it when in the mean time.. hit 145mph few times and had some insane fun on SoWo twistys with stretched tires.. careless me is careless

:bellyroll:

GTA