GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To trade or not to trade r vs gti

carbonbahn

Passed Driver's Ed
Well as my name says I am a 2011 carbon steel grey autobahn gti. The cars got 5,300 miles on it the dealership is will to give me 22500, that's 1000 more then I owe on it. I'm just trying to figure out if the 80 a month extra is worth it for the loaded r? Anyone have opinions did anyone make this switch yet? I mean she is a beauty in candy white. Ps help fast I got a deposit on in that's only good for 24hrs lol

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You get assraped out of $9000 in 5500 miles?

So this car cost you $1.63 per mile... and $750 a month in depreciation alone

In other words... don't waste your money.

carbonbahn

Passed Driver's Ed
I know 22500 is not compared to the 32 I paid but idk this car is sick n I would be one of the few to have it considering each dealership is only getting 2 3 tops. Plus this things loaded like my gti

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Well that's your call man. Most ppl can't tell them apart anyways, if you're ok with getting hit by nearly 10k in depreciation....

How much are you putting down on the R?

545*67=36515 are you getting a really good interest rate?

Or is it 22500+36515?

carbonbahn

Passed Driver's Ed
Putting 2000 down they are buying my car for 22500. So since they r giving me 1000 more then i owe a total of 3000 down. At 3.9%

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Putting 2000 down they are buying my car for 22500. So since they r giving me 1000 more then i owe a total of 3000 down. At 3.9%

What is the negotiated cost of the R?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Hmm well this isn't a "bad" deal per say... but it isn't a good deal either. You're not really getting top dollar for your car and you are not getting the R under the sticker.

So I would say if you really wanted to .. do it, but there is a substantial cost you're assuming here...

I don't think I would...

carbonbahn

Passed Driver's Ed
I know that feel lucky enough to get them down that much

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
I'm confused. You come asking for advice, someone (rightly) tells you that you would be making one hell of a terribly bad financial decision, and you say that you don't care because you want a rare R.

Sounds like you already have your mind made up...

But since you asked for an opinion, sounds like you already can't afford the GTI considering you financed it over 70(!!!!!!) months at 3.9% apr. You're already getting buttraped with interest. And he's "giving" you $1,000 more than you owe on the GTI, only to basically roll yourself into a brand new financing agreement.

So in essence you paid, like Max said, $9,000.00 to drive a car for 5 months.

If you add up all the numbers, divide by Pi and take the sum of all the digits and transmogrify(yep) them, it spells "Darwin award".

carbonbahn

Passed Driver's Ed
Deft dot have my mind made up n my gti is 60 months at 1.9 456 a month with 7yr 70000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty. I'm only getting butt f***** if I buy the r

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
I'd listen to them. but then again my financial security > needing a golf R.