GOLFMKV

TSI E85 Tune

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
The chart on top is a single 3rd gear pull -
e34
95 degress
2000rpm - redline

The chart on the bottom is a 3rd gear to red line in 4th gear.
e34
95 degress
2000rpm -7000rpm shift into fourth to redline

Attachments

• rail Fuel.png
    rail Fuel.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 161

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Top is from this morning
e34
82 degress
5th gear pull from 3000-redline

Bottom 2 are from getting on the highway on and off throttle couple of runs
e34
82 degress
several gears

Attachments

• Rail Fuel 2.png
    Rail Fuel 2.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 134

Hoosier Daddy1

Ready to race!
Looks promising! I'm going to try this out as well, but since on K04 use varying amounts till I hit the limit. To comment on TSi fueling systems, the injectors are the major bottleneck. Once you go even go a little larger than K04 you need injectors, the system is good for 180 to 190 PSi last I remembered

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Fuel pressure looks very close with only minor dips, this shows great results for an E47 Stage 1 or Stage 2 tune on the OEM turbo. Will you go to E40-45 next? 5th gear WOT pull? Hope you're DSG. The best range for clean data is 2,000-7,000 rpm in 4th gear, traction control off, windows up, level surface. The same can be done in 3rd gear but do individual runs, not 3rd then shifting to 4th and taking it to redline in the same exact log. Just do straight 4th gear runs.

Hoosier, the K04 is completely different, the logs I've collected thus far show a definite decrease in fuel rail pressure and an increase in injector duty cycle of almost 10% on E25. When my direct port meth system is turned on, everything levels out again without any issues. It seems that to counter the negative effect of running more ethanol on a K04 tune that we need to offset the fueling systems shortcomings with a water meth system. I will be testing E30 or E35 next for comparison.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
All my other runs looked the same.

The EGT average was 820 and never got above 950 and my max MAF was 191.

Fuel pump duty cycle was solid at 75% during all WOT runs

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Ryan I am Uni stage 2. I dont run a specific E47 tune. If that is what you mean. Also these were all Windows up flat (texas) surface and yes DSG.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
All my other runs looked the same.

The EGT average was 820 and never got above 950 and my max MAF was 191.

Fuel pump duty cycle was solid at 75% during all WOT runs

EGT's are calculated through vagcom, do you have an EGT gauge installed?

What block in VagCom shows the fuel pump duty cycle (should be LPFP)?

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT): MB 112
-This tells you the temperature at the front o2 sensor as well as projected EGT.

The duty cycle is one of the block available above the rail pressure. I will have to look at lunch to see the block number.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Here is a run with the rail pressure and duty cycle.

Attachments

• Fuel rail3.png
    Fuel rail3.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 145

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Here is the 5 gear run with the duty cycle overlayed

Second chart is my EGT

Attachments

• raw data.png
    raw data.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 135
  • EGT.png
    EGT.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 130

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
If you can not log then I would stick to E35 or less. Then see how your car reacts.

Use this to help find out the amount you need to put in the gas tank.

http://www.intercepteft.com/calc.html
Octane result from blending 2 fuels

Calkulin

Ready to race!
From my experience of running ethanol blends for almost 2 years now, with the stock turbo, ~E47 is about the limit of where the ECU can adapt(stock tune also), anything much more than that and the car runs lean. I ran E33 for the most part but lately I've started testing E42.5 to see how it does with it and will be dynoing with that blend soon(also will comparing DM Stage 2+ & EuroDyne Stage 2 tunes at the same time)

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Fuel pump duty cycle is 106-3