GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI E85 Tune

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
right, when you buy their k04 kit they give you a "code" or something that when brought to a tuner to flash your car, it's free.

But if you were to say buy a used APR k04 from another member, you would still need to buy the flash.

That is correct.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

staticc_AZ

Passed Driver's Ed
Myself along with some local friends do e25 mixes on our pump 91 tunes.... Results are great with everyone getting gains from it.... I myself have checked my AFR and fuel trims when running it and they are always in check

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Myself along with some local friends do e25 mixes on our pump 91 tunes.... Results are great with everyone getting gains from it.... I myself have checked my AFR and fuel trims when running it and they are always in check

Awesome, you run that for the 91 software or does that increase your octane so you can run the 93 software? Have you tested an E30 or E35 mix?

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
Awesome, you run that for the 91 software or does that increase your octane so you can run the 93 software? Have you tested an E30 or E35 mix?

Mixing 3.5 gallons of e85 with 11 gallons of 91 oct results in 94.4oct fuel. So in theory you could run a 93 octane file as long as the ecu is able to adjust to the fuel needed for that.

I played with e85 mixtures on my previous car (not a vw) and logged a lot. The ecu was able to adjust for up to 35% e85 before I started seeing the LPFP struggle for keeping pressures up.

At a minimum weather or not you get an e85 tune or try mixing e25 etc would be upgrading the LPFP to give you a little added headroom to keep low pressures high enough so the HPFP does not get starved of fuel.

Another good thing to note is I was testing actual ethanol percentages coming out of the pump. I went to a high volume e85 station and depending on the season I saw from e65 to e90 coming out of the pump. That large range could make the difference in seeing detonation or not when mixing with 91 or 93 octane.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
So, this is on an off the shelf stage 2 tune correct? So would my ECU adjust to the e25 mixture with any stage 2 tune?

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
BUMP from the dead.... Has anyone tested E30 on a non-E file? Standard 93 file with E30 blend?

Yes I have (NOTE ON AN FSI). Logs suggest that the car is much happier up top BUT it doesn't seem to modify the fuel values correctly at cruise. So it feels kind of weird at times when cruising/steady throttle, but appears to be much happier when WOT or close to WOT. I was probably using like about ~E25. Keep in mind I forgot to reset my fuel trim before using so that could be the fix to the cruising issue.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Mixing 3.5 gallons of e85 with 11 gallons of 91 oct results in 94.4oct fuel. So in theory you could run a 93 octane file as long as the ecu is able to adjust to the fuel needed for that.

I played with e85 mixtures on my previous car (not a vw) and logged a lot. The ecu was able to adjust for up to 35% e85 before I started seeing the LPFP struggle for keeping pressures up.

At a minimum weather or not you get an e85 tune or try mixing e25 etc would be upgrading the LPFP to give you a little added headroom to keep low pressures high enough so the HPFP does not get starved of fuel.

Another good thing to note is I was testing actual ethanol percentages coming out of the pump. I went to a high volume e85 station and depending on the season I saw from e65 to e90 coming out of the pump. That large range could make the difference in seeing detonation or not when mixing with 91 or 93 octane.

I currently run 93 pump with direct port meth on a 100 octane file without any issues. I'd like to run 93+E85 = E30 at first with direct port meth on the 100 octane file to bump up the pump fuel's octane for no increase in cost.

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
I currently run 93 pump with direct port meth on a 100 octane file without any issues. I'd like to run 93+E85 = E30 at first with direct port meth on the 100 octane file to bump up the pump fuel's octane for no increase in cost.

I can't stress enough how important it is to do extensive logging. Not just WOT but cruising also.

E30 on 93oct will net you just under 97oct as long as the e85 is truly 85%.

Up the % in increments. Try e10 then log. Try e20 then log. E25 then log. Then e30.

Keep a close eye on lpfp pressures. If they start dipping then your starving you hpfp and you should run a lower e85 % or upgrade your LPFP.

staticc_AZ

Passed Driver's Ed

Sorry for the delayed response, but we just ran it on our 91 files with noticeable gains....another buddy was doing a e35 mix with meth on 100 file and the car ran good....we're all GIAC....I also have a buddy that's stage 1 APR that ran a hefty mix of around 40% I believe and ran it on his 100 file with great results

So, this is on an off the shelf stage 2 tune correct? So would my ECU adjust to the e25 mixture with any stage 2 tune?

Yes this was with ots GIAC tunes, and also another buddy with APR.... Its like the e85 "fills in the gaps" if ur having any timing pull....most the VW guys around my area that like to "run" their cars use some sort of corn mix....as long as ur not getting to crazy with a heavy mix the cars do a pretty good job of adjusting for the ethanol

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Yes this was with ots GIAC tunes, and also another buddy with APR.... Its like the e85 "fills in the gaps" if ur having any timing pull....most the VW guys around my area that like to "run" their cars use some sort of corn mix....as long as ur not getting to crazy with a heavy mix the cars do a pretty good job of adjusting for the ethanol

Interesting. I might have to try that out. Have any of those guys put their cars on a dyno while running the mixture?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

My Aquamist HFS-4 kit runs 100% perfect under WOT and I daily the APR V3.1 100 MAP with 93 Shell + meth. The reason I want to test E20/25/30 vs. MS109/GT260 is to see if I can clear the occasional slight correction factor (-1 to -5) I see under partial throttle acceleration on the highway in 4th through 6th. Meaning if I'm holding the gas pedal cruising at 70 in 5th and I press the gas pedal down a little more to accelerate to cruise at 80, there is an instant blip of correction factor from that specific load in higher gears. It either happens for a split second and stops or happens then the meth triggers. Either way it's literally a split second of occurrence.

I have GT260 in the tank now and it decreased significantly almost to the point where it's almost gone. With E30 it may be a cost effective way to get the same results on a daily basis without expensive race gas as long as the fueling blocks check out when logging. I wish I could know for sure if the partial throttle CF I see with 93 octane and water meth is safe.