GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uber-Stealth Audio - New All Wood Sidemount - Testers Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
I am proud to introduce an All Wood Golf MK6 side mount sub box!

The pictures below are of the prototype box, so production model may change slightly, and specs are dependent on sub used.

Specs:

Weight (w/o sub)- 19 lbs
construction material - MDF
sub used - MB Quart RPL304 12" shallow sub
mounting depth - 3.5"
air volume - approx. .7 cubic feet

This box is mainly built for shallow mount subs. However, as you can see in the pics, it would be possible to put a deeper 8" or maybe 10" if mounted high and further back in the box, as there is a deeper recess there.

Pics

Pricing

Will all new products, I do special pricing to get feedback to improve the box.

"Alpha Tester"

First (5) boxes - 200$ each. These will be built to fit your sub (shallow mont or normal 8" for now).

Will include MDF, sound deadening, carpet. However, you will need to help me perfect the mounting method. I have several ideas, but need some real world testing.

Feed back will be used to improve next batch.

"Beta Testers"

Next (5) boxes - $225 Each. Same as above but with documentation on mounting, and any other upgrades from the first batch feedback.

"Finished Product"

$250 - $300 depending on sub used and depth of box.

DIY Fiberglass Kit

I will also be offering this as a kit. It will include the back half of the box ( the recess and the first inch of the main box. It will also include (2) sub mount rings of your specs (I normally use 2 so I can recess the sub)

From this kit, you can mount the rings anyway you want, stretch some fabric, and add fiberglass resin, and have box, all with out ever having to tape off your car or risk getting resin inside the car.

This will probably sell for $150. More details on it later.

Anyone interested in this, I will have the box for sale up on my site tomorrow, limited to 5 at 200$. I will then offer 5 at 225$, then move the price to the final price.

Any questions, just PM or contact me through the site.

WWW.UBERSTEALTHAUDIO.COM

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
It's really cool, but is it better than the below-floor box? Idk...

Nick have you found any advantages to this design vs the sub-floor?

dcpppf

Ready to race!
curious where the speaker terminals are going to be. Looks good though, options are always good!

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
It's really cool, but is it better than the below-floor box? Idk...

Nick have you found any advantages to this design vs the sub-floor?

This is what I need testers for. I have only tested this box.

I should perform just as well, and may be slightly louder due to increased cabin gain. It will also allow you to fit deep 8" subs.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
curious where the speaker terminals are going to be. Looks good though, options are always good!

Terminal cut is right out the back, since it does not go all the way back into the cubby. It was just not drilled at the time of the pics

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Since this could take a deep sub is it possible to make the enclosure even smaller for a shallow sub? Also based on your mounting methods would it be possible to remove this quickly if needed? I currently have a sub located in the exact spot however it's just a box and sub and takes up a ton of space so I have been looking into a slimmer solution (or a enclosure for the spare tire area). The good thing is I have the wires already wired in that location.

///Audience

Ready to race!
great looking box! Id be happy to test one in my GTI. Im a dealer for JL, sundown, DD, alpine, and more and could test this in a wide variety of woofers.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
Since this could take a deep sub is it possible to make the enclosure even smaller for a shallow sub? Also based on your mounting methods would it be possible to remove this quickly if needed? I currently have a sub located in the exact spot however it's just a box and sub and takes up a ton of space so I have been looking into a slimmer solution (or a enclosure for the spare tire area). The good thing is I have the wires already wired in that location.

The box shown is for a shallow 12" A shallow 10" or 8" could be made even slimmer.

Mounting method is not determined, but will include a lip that goes up under the plastic like my older boxes, so removal should be quick

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
I may be interested in this looks really clean.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
Box is now posted for sale on the website. Prices will increase after the first 5 orders

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
So is it easier for you (nik) to make these out of wood, instead of fiberglass?

I guess I'm wondering what the trade off here is?
Easier to build or cheaper or better sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.