GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uber-Stealth Audio - New All Wood Sidemount - Testers Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
So is it easier for you (nik) to make these out of wood, instead of fiberglass?

I guess I'm wondering what the trade off here is?
Easier to build or cheaper or better sound?

1) fiberglass si a very labor intensive process. I had to keep increasing prices just to cover all the hours a box took to make. I think my last fiberglass box was 400$ shipped

2) Fiberglass is toxic! I now have baby girls, so no fiberglass resin anymore

So wood offers alot of benifits
-Lower material cost
-faster production
-less resonance = better sounding

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
How removable are they? I love my floor mount since I just pull it out with the spare tire for track use.

How is the weight on it compared to the floor box also? Sorry. I'm actually really interested in this so asking random questions.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
How removable are they? I love my floor mount since I just pull it out with the spare tire for track use.

How is the weight on it compared to the floor box also? Sorry. I'm actually really interested in this so asking random questions.

they should be easy to remove. people have the option of bolting them in, but I will use the same lip method I used to secure my fiberglass versions.

weight is 19 lbs, which is about 1 lbs lighter than the under floor. I could use MDF Lite, and get it to about 15 lbs if required

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
I would suggest a shallow type r. I am fitting some JL 10 3w3's, ad the box is quite large and will take up some trunk space. These are best if used with a shallow sub

damon_chambers

so i got mine in last week but was at work till yesterday. quality of the box looks great. i had requested fitment of a 10 3w3. it fits great in the box, cant speak yet for loss of trunk space, i havnt test fit the box yet.

overall happy as can be with the product from looks alone. cant wait to get the sub all setup and making some bass.

Markthemac

Got mine installed yesterday, never done it before so it was pretty interesting... Box is fantastic, I'm running a relatively cheap shallow 12 and it fills the car with sound... Quality of the box is fantastic and there is no need to permanently mount it to the car as it has a lip on the top side that wedges the box into the corner of the hatch. Also the room taken up is very very little. Will post pics later.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

damon_chambers

here are a couple of pics test fitting today.

as you see its a nice tight fit. it fits really well with no mounting hardware at all. in the first pic you can see how the plastic trim on the car fits over a lip thats built into the box. if i work the box back and forth with my hand it wiggles maybe 1/4'', not much at all. pretty damn good snug fit.

i currently have the floor mat from vw. with the floor mat it would make the fit even better. the floor mat has a raised lip that would shove the speaker box up against the plastic trim more.

lastly, like i said earlier my box is for a jl 10 3v3. im perfectly happy with the protrusion in the trunk, i knew i would lose some space but its well worth having dat bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.