GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic Stage 2+(K04) Impressions

kern417

Go Kart Champion
how do they tune for meth? is it just that they adjust settings above certain rpms (example start spraying at 3500)? and does it have a failsafe?

i'm also curious about the program switching. i put my car into valet mode every time i drop it off due to an issue with a previous shop joyriding in my car. also i run 93 but in if i'm in certain parts of indiana and can only get 91 i have to drop down for a few fillups until i get it all out of my tank.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
how do they tune for meth? is it just that they adjust settings above certain rpms (example start spraying at 3500)? and does it have a failsafe?

i'm also curious about the program switching. i put my car into valet mode every time i drop it off due to an issue with a previous shop joyriding in my car. also i run 93 but in if i'm in certain parts of indiana and can only get 91 i have to drop down for a few fillups until i get it all out of my tank.

Not sure how exactly how they do it but I would think they advance timing like crazy in the power band. The meth kit has the failsafe. I have a system that will detect low flow, high flow or no fluid in the tank. The way the failsafe works is if it detects any of those conditions, it will open the waste gate. So I will not be able to build boost. Again this is a custom tune they are doing for me. Meth is not a requirement for UNI software.

My meth kit reads the map sensor and the injectors(IDC). So it determines flow rate and start points based on that

prospal

Ready to race!
Has anyone here who has switched been DSG?

What issues were you experiencing with the APR K04 file?

Only reason I ask is because I do get the occasional boost oscillation and fuel cut, but I don't get these neutral misfires a lot of people claim (or at least I don't hear them.. I don't have VCDS..yet).

Anthony_MKVI

Ready to race!
Reading these threads makes me feel lucky to live 10 minutes away from Unitronic HQ.

Should be finishing up my K04 install today and going in on Monday for my software upgrade :thumbup: Can't wait!

allset

Go Kart Champion
Well I have the M3 now but I think I'm going to upgrade to there CM5 (Super Atomizing Injectors) when I put the kit on.

i have the CM5 SAI i may need the M3 as im going to run 2 smaller nozzles, want to trade? email or pm me.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone here who has switched been DSG?

What issues were you experiencing with the APR K04 file?

Only reason I ask is because I do get the occasional boost oscillation and fuel cut, but I don't get these neutral misfires a lot of people claim (or at least I don't hear them.. I don't have VCDS..yet).

We will log them man, next time im out.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
i have the CM5 SAI i may need the M3 as im going to run 2 smaller nozzles, want to trade? email or pm me.

Having my Snow kit pulled tomorrow and replaced with a Coolingmist. Going to keep my 60cc at the TB spacer and replace the 175cc with a CM5 post IC. I'll see how things feel with the APR 100 octane file, but will probably get flashed to the Unitronic Stage 2+ next weekend. I have the partial throttle 2 - 3k stuttering issue. Cylinder 2 and sometime 3 generate misfires on my APR K04. Plugs and coils have not helped. The issue remains on cyl 2.

The good thing is, my shop is tuning the kit on a Mustang dyno. I'll be able to have a baseline to compare to when I get tuned for the w/m from Uni.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Having my Snow kit pulled tomorrow and replaced with a Coolingmist. Going to keep my 60cc at the TB spacer and replace the 175cc with a CM5 post IC. I'll see how things feel with the APR 100 octane file, but will probably get flashed to the Unitronic Stage 2+ next weekend. I have the partial throttle 2 - 3k stuttering issue. Cylinder 2 and sometime 3 generate misfires on my APR K04. Plugs and coils have not helped. The issue remains on cyl 2.

The good thing is, my shop is tuning the kit on a Mustang dyno. I'll be able to have a baseline to compare to when I get tuned for the w/m from Uni.

:w00t: