GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic Stage 2+(K04) Impressions

allset

Go Kart Champion
Hahaha I feel the exact same way!

cant beat that drive for service!

I need to drive each way 45 minutes to NJ or 90 minutes across NYC to the only the places i would use.

allset

Go Kart Champion

patarch

Ready to race!
Any others have more thoughts or reviews that have made the switch?

Never made the switch but I can tell you that I couldn't be more satisfied with my Uni 2+ tune.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie

I'm making the switch tomorrow. I'll post up my impressions. So far, the communication with John at UNI has been great!

allset

Go Kart Champion

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Hyde16 did some checking for ko4 with our mods and something like 175/ccm at the IC bung and 65cc/m at the post TB spacer was recommended

that's the ticket for K04 with a MAP based controller.

Right here, full review coming shortly.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
that's the ticket for K04 with a MAP based controller.

Right here, full review coming shortly.

I'm replacing my 175 with a CM5 post IC and keeping the 60cc post TB.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
Great Review. Does Unitronic do any tunes for a K04 E85/93 octane mix? So I could mix E85/93 octane for a E20 mix? Something safe for the fuel systems but greater than 93 octane and maybe less than 100 octane?

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Great Review. Does Unitronic do any tunes for a K04 E85/93 octane mix? So I could mix E85/93 octane for a E20 mix? Something safe for the fuel systems but greater than 93 octane and maybe less than 100 octane?

Shoot John an email. The great thing about UNI is they will work with you. Not sure about ethanol though......

Anthony_MKVI

Ready to race!

I've been with uni from the start so I can't compare the two but I got my K04 tune yesterday and I'm loving it so far. Acceleration is smooth all the way to red line and this thing pulls HARD!

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion

Unfortunately we do not offer any E85 software or E10/E20 specific software in North America. Sorry!

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I'm replacing my 175 with a CM5 post IC and keeping the 60cc post TB.

Ok then I need to hit you up for advice...

With this 175 nozzle did you run a MAP based progressive controller or standard boost switch? What boost level did you have the nozzle start spraying?

What are you increasing the injector size post intercooler? To test?

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Ok then I need to hit you up for advice...

With this 175 nozzle did you run a MAP based progressive controller or standard boost switch? What boost level did you have the nozzle start spraying?

What are you increasing the injector size post intercooler? To test?

With my Snow kit, it was running MAF based. Moving to the Coolingmist, it'll be MAP based. Not sure where they're going to start spraying. I said that another member started his at 10 PSI. He was also running a CM5 post IC, so I just followed suit. I asked David @ Coolingmist what his thoughts were and he agreed that a CM5 should be good.

I have no hard evidence to back up my decisions. It's just from what I have read and discussed. We'll see. Car should be buttoned up tonight to pick up. Tomorrow, I'm off to get the UNI flash.