GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

***Vandalized :,(***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gti_Vroom415

Ready to race!
Wow, no need to be homophobic now. But all in all, you did post this to a forum. And a forum is "a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged." So opinions are to be expected.

Source: Google Dictionary

Yeh I get that man. I just don't need people taking it all personally. I've never had a claim so I really didn't know what to do. I don't want to deal with all the extra. Know what I mean?

Yadadameans

Ready to race!

:word:

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Thank You for your opinion! Thats was beautiful... Faggot... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jeez. Calm the fuck down.

Yeh I get that man. I just don't need people taking it all personally. I've never had a claim so I really didn't know what to do. I don't want to deal with all the extra. Know what I mean?

Maybe if you would've put the update that your dad said that, people wouldn't keep posting the same things.

Also, stop ordering parts until you get that estimate because your dad literally told you he's taking the money if it's totaled, and you don't know if that will happen or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gti_Vroom415

Ready to race!
Jeez. Calm the fuck down.

Maybe if you would've put the update that your dad said that, people wouldn't keep posting the same things.

Also, stop ordering parts until you get that estimate because your dad literally told you he's taking the money if it's totaled, and you don't know if that will happen or not.

Lol I know I ordered it and then my dad told me like the totaling thing then you commented so I was trying to keep my cool. But if they do total it. I'm gonna try to find another mk6 if they can't fix mine... I have no choice at that point

sijray21

Go Kart Newbie
:dnftt:

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Lol I know I ordered it and then my dad told me like the totaling thing then you commented so I was trying to keep my cool. But if they do total it. I'm gonna try to find another mk6 if they can't fix mine... I have no choice at that point

Good at least you're a little optimistic

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Every time I miss my mk6 I come here and read something that makes my brain hurt and then I'm glad I don't have it anymore.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Every time I miss my mk6 I come here and read something that makes my brain hurt and then I'm glad I don't have it anymore.

Wow you're so unsentimental

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Ohh boy.. where do I start?

(Yes, Im knowledgeable in the totalled car situation. Check my build thread)

So sorry to see this. A kid jumped on my hood for fun and dented it in... I beat the crap out of him and made him pay for a brand new OEM hood painted from the factory.

He would have paid for a badgeless grille and hood notch as interest.

But if they total my car, what does that mean for my car?

You say goodbye.

Yeh that's not happening, I'm not gonna give my car away... It's like giving away ur kid. If they say totaled can't I say fix it?

No. No its not. Your car is replaceable. Children are not. It is nothing like giving away your child.

If car is totaled, it will likely be sold at an auction where someone will buy with a salvage title or part it out. You can also opt to buy it back from the insurance company.

I can confirm. I used to work at a salvage yard. This will happen. It will be dismantled until there are no more parts to be sold and it will be crushed. Yes, I was the one crushing your wrecked cars people.

But what if I refuse to let them total it?

Thats not an option. They tell you whats going to happen. You say ok.

You can buy it back and spend more than the car is worth getting it fixed :laugh: Your call

Its just a frigging GTI. They are a dime a dozen.

You can buy it back. But why? Take the check and walk. Its not a rare car.

Hey man, when your 18 and its your first car, could you let it go?

Easily. Youre getting money.

I really don't know because I didn't realize it for a while. It might of happened in front of my friends house. His car was vandalized there also and also his brothers and neighbors

uhmm...wut? YOU DIDNT NOTICE GIANT DENTS IN YOUR CAR?

Do you realize what will happen to your car once they start welding and repainting 1/2 of it? It will never be same :laugh: And a giant tainted carfax report hurting resale later... hell they can never even CPO your car if it was welded.

This. Truth.

Mk7 us model is made in Mexico now... That's not happening

...to the same specs as any other.

Look I am 20 and I really get the whole my first car thing, but you need to really think about how much your willing to put in your car. The damage is done the 9k that its gonna cost to fix is it really going to be worth it? Your young and there are a lot of other things you can put that money to, and still get another GTI, they give you the value of the car add a few grand get a new GTI. That also being said I personally do not think that they will Total the car, you will have no resale value but I doubt they will total it.

theres a reason we say it would be better if its totalled.

Do we have a problem man? You seem to have the feeling that its ok to talk the way you are right now? Whats up your butt bro?

Reality.

Yeah I feel what your saying, I do but I just dont feel that I can part with this car at the moment, haha I just got it!

I handed over the keys to my Shadow Blue before I even got the tags in the mail. I went a few days later and came home with another Gti. Simple.

Sometimes you gotta hear a different truth to put things in perspective. If you want to keep this car, let's round up some numbers:

20k for 38k miles (a bit above market price)
9k in damage

And you don't want to let go.

Total investment and maintenance for the car will be $29k approx.

PLUS a non-clean car fax. It will bite you in the ass in the long run.

You need to listen to this man like he's your father. Seriously. He knows whats up.

so your GTI is worth roughly 15k, actually much much less now with the dents. If the damage is 9k it most likely will be totaled. Here is the next problem, you have a loan on it for 20k.. After insurance decides to total it and give you the value of the car(15k) you're going to have 5k still in debt on a loan for a car that doesn't exist. I hope you got gap insurance

THIS

I hope you aren't saying that like it's a joke. He's giving you a solid point. If you didn't purchase the gap insurance and they total the vehicle, you still owe the difference in value which can be thousands of dollars.

Have you gotten a second estimate at a different body shop? It might be worth shopping around to see who has the best deals to do the work if you are serious about spending the money to fix it, especially if it will put you in a little more control over cost.

Good points.

I'm not quite 18, but yes. I would much rather have a new car. You could get another one (maybe with options you wish you had, like xenons) and then swap over mods. Or just get a MK7.

I think he's onto something there..

Yeah haha that's cool dude, there were a lot of GTIs that summer. Some guy came up to me and said he has a gti to and he plasti dipped his rims like mine. So it was a gti filled summer lol. My plasti is peeling tho, I'm saving for either new rims or powdercoat

beentheredonethat

PlastiDip is the devil

They have blue GTI's? Picture?

Check my build thread. Its what I lost.

Op stop ordering parts until you find out what the deal is.

Really dude? Thats like going and buying a diamond necklace the day after your wife starts talking about divorce. You're suppossed to MINIMIZE your loss, not add to it..

Lol not a joke

:facepalm:

I don't think so, never got gap Cuz never new what it was. Fuck man I really don't need this right now. My parents are in the middle of buyin a house and I got school and work. Fk man why does such a fun thing gotta be such a problem...

Life happened bruh. Get used to it.

And you're still buying parts for your car.

Seriously?

Also, welcome to life. Shit happens, most of the time never in your favor. As much as you love the car you need to be financially smart about this too. It's not like you're Jay Leno and you have 20 cars and if one is totaled you keep it for sentimental value. You only have ONE car and you need to keep it as high of a value as you can.

I honestly hope insurance totals it so you have the option of getting a check regardless. (Which means I wouldn't want you fixing this). Also, idk if anyone mentioned but would insurance let you fix it by paying the deductible? If you want to keep it so much then so be it but it's only gonna bite you harder when you wanna get rid of it.

Rudy.. Weve found Nuggstein's lost brother..

Is this real life? Is this generation really this stupid?

If so, I have no faith in the future of this country at all. SMDH

This'th

Interesting...:dnftt:
I do not think that sign means what you think it means..

Can you guys freaking wait until I get a fucking estimate done by the insurance company?!?! STFU you know what STFU means it means STFU!:23::middlefinger:

You came to OUR forum asking questions and got man that we gave you the answer you didnt want to hear... WTF DO YOU WANT?

No by all means... I'm taking it all in, I just don't get why you are so into this situation? Day job? School? Kids? why do you care, honestly what is the big deal, like you said it is just a car and on top of it, its not your car! I'll take your opinions all day man no problem, but at the end of the day; the estimate is not done yet and its not up to me! If it is totaled I already spoke with my pops and he said hes gonna take the money and get another car. but for the fucks that your are giving on the situation here... i just don't understand.

so STFU!:wosschilder980:

Childish much?

You.. i like you.

Eroc93

Ready to race!
I don't like Op

Status
Not open for further replies.