GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[Video]MK6 GTI APR Stage 2 vs Mini Cooper S vs Ford F-350

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Ermahgawd, I got a GoPro! So, actual video is actual, no music is no, much fantastic!

I do not condone my actions here. Got pumped full of testosterone, and it was all downhill from there.

Quick recap:
Didn't know Mini was WOT until he was passing me, so I got on it late. Watch vid for results, he was definitely tuned.
Second go was a slow roll (30ish?) against an F-350; can't see it in the video, but he confirms it when he gets up next to me at the next light and asks for another go (it wasn't close the first race, at all, 7-10 cars or so).
Third I didn't have enough room, but it's pretty obvious what the outcome would have been had I had space.

I need a new location for my GoPro, I'm thinking headband may be my best bet to avoid my ugly mug. Suggestions would be nice.
Also...not sure why I play with the shifter so much (Insert sexual joke here)...didn't realize I did it until I started editing this video, and watched myself, was weird.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
haha woaaah you kinda couldn't catch up to the mini or you let off the gas? little mini is quick.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
haha woaaah you kinda couldn't catch up to the mini or you let off the gas? little mini is quick.

I was slowly reeling him back in, but I was going way faster than I wanted to on that road so I let off before I could catch up. If it was a long straight, I would have kept going and probably would have overtaken him after a few more seconds, but I'll chalk that up as a loss.
Definitely a fast little sucker for sure, I thought for sure I was going to easily start pulling on him. I should have followed him and asked him what he had in it :(

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
No doubt, quick little fucker. i probably wouldn't have caught up with my little stage 1'er. :laugh:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Awesome, you guys just stopped in traffic though for the race against the f350? noone behind you?....500 more feet of open road would have been gone

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Awesome, you guys just stopped in traffic though for the race against the f350? noone behind you?....500 more feet of open road would have been gone

:lol: yeah, people behind us, kind of dumb, but oh well at this point.

Wish it was a little more open, I really don't like doing that with that much traffic around...yet I did it anyways...:yikes:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
:lol: yeah, people behind us, kind of dumb, but oh well at this point.

Wish it was a little more open, I really don't like doing that with that much traffic around...yet I did it anyways...:yikes:

Im just glad you post videos :thumbsup:

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
^^^^ seriously, i needa get me a GoPro!

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Im just glad you post videos :thumbsup:

Not too many people do it any more, so if I come across something I like to post it :thumbup:.

Definitely need a new mounting place for the go pro though so I don't have to keep worrying about my face :lol:

Stinger

Ready to race!
Bet he's got a video on mini.com showing how he snuffed you...

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
take the loss bro, take the loss. Probably a chick driving too huh?

:D