GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[Video]MK6 GTI APR Stage 2 vs Mini Cooper S vs Ford F-350

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
take the loss bro, take the loss. Probably a chick driving too huh?

:D
I think it was a dude. He wouldn't roll the windows down though...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Closing the gap on a car that jumps by a second is harder than most people think. A car that does 0-60 in 6 flat is considered quick/fast depending on who you talk to ... Two seconds less you're talking super car territory

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
F'ing cray cray hitting those speeds on a busy road like that. First class ticket to T-bone city.

Maybe install camera in middle of dash or passenger seat headrest?

Driving with windows at equal levels is always a must. A+++. Well played.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
F'ing cray cray hitting those speeds on a busy road like that. First class ticket to T-bone city.

hahah yessir! im super ocd about my windows not being equal. all 4 windows gotta line up, be closed, or completely open. :laugh:

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

Absolutely agree, was completely stupid, very reckless...:(

I will try mounting on the other seat and see how that works too :thumbsup:

hahah yessir! im super ocd about my windows not being equal. all 4 windows gotta line up, be closed, or completely open. :laugh:

You guys are weird lol. I like them to be equal, but not super ocd about it :lol:

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Absolutely agree, was completely stupid, very reckless...:(

I will try mounting on the other seat and see how that works too :thumbsup:

You guys are weird lol. I like them to be equal, but not super ocd about it :lol:

I'm super OCD. Lol I hate my car for a lot of things, but have to live with it. :laugh:

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
I had a GMC duramax diesel truck try to keep up with me on the freeway in my Stage 1 MkV. He was jacked up like 2 feet and probably had some other mods. I guess he decided he wanted to try to catch me and do whatever Idk after I had weaved through some traffic. Pretty sure I didn't cut him off or anything. He stayed with me up to about 95 a few cars behind putting out a ton of black smoke. Once I hit 110 I was really pulling away. I guess he got passed because after I was far ahead of him he wanted to catch back up. So I had to lose him again. I'm sure if I wasn't tuned he probably would have pulled on me. Those diesel trucks are fast but they can't handle worth a crap.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I had a GMC duramax diesel truck try to keep up with me on the freeway in my Stage 1 MkV. He was jacked up like 2 feet and probably had some other mods. I guess he decided he wanted to try to catch me and do whatever Idk after I had weaved through some traffic. Pretty sure I didn't cut him off or anything. He stayed with me up to about 95 a few cars behind putting out a ton of black smoke. Once I hit 110 I was really pulling away. I guess he got passed because after I was far ahead of him he wanted to catch back up. So I had to lose him again. I'm sure if I wasn't tuned he probably would have pulled on me. Those diesel trucks are fast but they can't handle worth a crap.

definitely tuned

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Mini's are no joke. They are like 13.8 stock from factory.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
TLDR you got beat by a mini :p
Lol unfortunately. Just needed a flatter (safer) road and a few more seconds and I'd have passed him though ;)
Yeah those trucks can be fast, definitely tuned though. They're slow as balls stock, but the block is built so well that they can usually pump out massive hp with just a tune. Stock 2011 super duty is 400hp/800tq, so it can handle the power for sure lol. I think the 2011 duramax was 370hp/765tq stock, crazy torque monsters, #becausetowingshit.
Mini's are no joke. They are like 13.8 stock from factory.
14.2 for a second gen John Cooper works gp, which this wasnt :(
pretty sure this was a first gen, but I'm guessing he was tuned because my car isn't slow and I can shift pretty well.