VMR | Wheels - Introducing the New Flow Forged Series, VMR V810

Status
Not open for further replies.

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion

Fingolfin

Ready to race!
Thanks for the feedback :thumbsup:

Flow Forming is a hybrid process which begins with a low pressure cast aluminum and uses a special machine that spins the initial casting, heats the outer portion of the casting and then uses steel rollers pressed against the rim area to pull the rim to its final width and shape. The stretching and forming process creates a thin and dense metal which has properties similar to forged aluminum. The combination of the heat, pressure and spinning create a rim area with the strength similar to a forged wheel.

So that it may be easier to visualize, here's a video I took from another source that shows the process

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kyU-SxePIY

Very cool, thanks for the info. I've seen that before, it's amazing how well aluminum displaces like that. Using the term "Forged" in the product description may be a bit misleading but I guess you are having similar compression in the formed areas.

Either way some damn fine looking wheels! :thumbsup:

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
Very cool, thanks for the info. I've seen that before, it's amazing how well aluminum displaces like that. Using the term "Forged" in the product description may be a bit misleading but I guess you are having similar compression in the formed areas.

Either way some damn fine looking wheels! :thumbsup:

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.